The Sleeping Angel

A little something for you beautiful readers. Enjoy ;)

Black. The colour black is a favourite to many around the world, black is known to make a woman look slimmer, enhance a fair skinned person's complexion and even known as a sexy colour. Black is highly acclaimed in the world of fashion, so much that when a new garment or colour is trending it's named 'The New Black.'

Black can represent ideas such as power, sophistication, formality, wealth and elegance or class, alias a black tied event and black evening gowns.

Mason Clarke happened to like the colour black, he owned many gadgets, furniture, cars and mostly clothing in that colour and always thought black attire brought out his eyes and made him look even better than he normally did; he thought it heightened his handsomeness.

But today Mason would've done anything to stay away from that colour; he would've worn a lime yellow suit with pink and orange polka dots than wear the black suit that was laid on his bed.

Mason sighed and looked at the depressing attire on his bed, how he wished things were different and today would've been any other normal day. And thinking it was a normal day he tried, Mason tried very hard but he knew he was only fooling himself, today was anything but normal, it was far from that.

It had rained in the morning, Mason heard the heavy raindrops on his large bedroom window in the early parts of the morning, it was pouring but the steady rhythm of the raindrops against glass occupied his mind and acted as a lullaby and put him to sleep after spending many sleepless nights of tossing and turning. While hearing the rain, his mind couldn't help but remind him how much she loved the rain; she said it created a cosy, romantic feel.

Mason jumped out of his car and stepped onto the damp grass, his shoes making a sound as he walked over the grass, the air smelt clean, refreshed and wonderful. That was the wonders of rain; it seemed to cleanse everything and brought about life to plants and flowers. If only the rain could do the same to humans as it did to plants, if only Mason thought.

Mason pulled off his shades and in a very glum and foul mood he took in his surroundings as he walked towards the church.

There were many cars parked along the side of the road, there were many people in black clothing and there were many people he recognized.

As Mason approached the entrance of the church he could already get that gutted feeling build at the pit of his stomach, that hollow almost empty like feeling as sounds of sniffs and mumbles reached his ears.

"I can do this, I have to." Mason whispered to himself before he entered the church which was filled with many people he noticed and also many he didn't.

Mason was afraid of going further as he took each step, he found that his heart was hammering hard in his chest and his palms were sweaty. Was he ready to see what was in front?

As he walked by he saw many people with tears in their eyes and using tissues to wipe their noses and eyes.

"She was so young, so very young." He overheard an elderly woman sniff and mumble while a younger man held her.

Mason suddenly paused when his eyes reached the people he knew very well. Standing in the very corner was Anne Edwards, she was sobbing while her husband held her in his arms, trying to look strong but his red, puffy eyes gave away just how distraught he was.

Mason's eyes averted to the opposite direction and he felt a pang of pity when he saw Liam Edwards, he looked like a young man who was completely and utterly broken, the normal spark and colour his face held was all gone, he looked to have lost all purpose of living. He wasn't crying but his eyes were terribly puffy and bloodshot, Nicole, his girlfriend who was silently weeping was holding onto him as he stood motionless looking at the thing Mason feared to approach in front.

His Playboy WaysOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara