Operation Breakup Part 1

'Hi honey, sorry your dad and I won't be able to make it for dinner tonight, something came up.'

I sighed shoving my phone in my back pocket after reading the text my mom sent. It looked as if I was to spend yet another evening having dinner with my brother and his annoying girlfriend like I'd been doing all week although I had my dinner alone in my room or living room away from Liam and his girlfriend, however my mom cancelling was no shocker since I was expecting my mom to cancel our very rare dinner plans.

"Hey babe." I felt Mason's arms wrap around my waist as he whispered in my ear. It was just a little over two weeks since Mason and I were a fake couple and I was getting more and more irritated with the whole fake relationship thing because for starters it caused a lot of gossip around the school and secondly Mason was way to mushy and clingy for my liking, he enjoyed touching me, such as he was currently doing like grabbing my waist from behind, holding my hand way too much and hugging. Any other normal girl would love it but I was different, I liked my space and didn't fancy being held so often.

I looked around my surroundings and noticed that the school halls were practically empty with maybe a few freshmen's or sophomores loitering around so I didn't see the need for Mason to hug me from behind. I peeled his hands off of me and turned around crossing my arms over my chest.

"What? Breaking up with me so soon?" Mason asked with a fake pout.

I raised a brow at him, ignoring him thinking I wasn't in the mood to banter with or hear any of his cocky sarcastic remarks. I opened my locker and took out whatever books I needed for the weekend and shoved them in my bag, while doing so I spoke, "No one is around us Mason, I don't see the need for you to go all 'boyfriend' on me."

Mason being Mason ignored me and once again I felt the warmth of his arms around me, I opened my mouth to speak but instead turned around and saw Amber walking down the hallway with Nate and Damien nearby. So shuffling around in Mason's grip I put my arms around his neck and planted on a fake smile. "God this is annoying, I hate touching you." I said in between my fake smile and gritted teeth.

"That makes two of us." he mumbled back, his expression mimicking mine.

"I missed you today babe." I told him as soon as Amber, Damien and Nate were in hearing distance.

Mason grinned and took me off guard by bringing his face closer to mine and just when I was about to pull away thinking he was going to violate one of my rules and kiss me, he instead brushed his nose over mine in a lovingly manner. "I think I missed you more." He said.

I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes at his cheesy comeback but instead smiled at him. "Oh God I think I'm going to throw up." I heard Amber remark. Me too Ambs, me too I mentally told myself but decided to ignore her remark.

Amber cleared her throat loudly, "In case you guys haven't noticed we're standing right here." Hearing that the both of us pulled away from our embrace.

Even though Mason and I pulled away and turned to look at a glaring Amber, an expressionless Nate and an irritable Damien, Mason quickly pulled me closer to his side and put one hand around my waist and once again I had to supress the urge to shrug it off. "Now come on Rubylocks, my girlfriend and I were just innocently talking whiles I've heard that you're the common reason for Nate always being late for football meetings and practices, you two practically eat each other's faces off." Mason smirked at Amber.

Amber glared colder towards Mason if that was even possible. "That's because he's my boyfriend!" she snapped.

My eyes widened slightly and shot Amber a warning stare. "And Mason is mine so I would appreciate it if you two got along."