Revelations, An Old Friend and Planning with the Playboy

When I left Mason's apartment I probably came off as strong and untroubled by what just happened, but the truth was that I felt the total opposite, I just acted that way because I didn't want Mason to see how much of an effect he still had on me, how much his sort of rejection hurt me but all in all I had no idea how else to react when my heartfelt confession was disregarded like that.

I was angry, annoyed and even embarrassed for wearing my heart on my sleeve in front of him but most of all I was hurt, thinking over his reaction hurt, I'd just told him I was in love with him but he responded by telling me he didn't believe in love and relationships; once again Mason pushed me away only this time there was nothing to fight for, I doubted I still had our friendship, everything was over between us.

If one thing came out of this new revelation, it was realizing just how privileged I was to have Damien in my life, I realized just how for granted I've taken him and his love, his love which was so selfless and pure and true, I saw just how much he really loved me and because of this realization, I needed to tell Damien everything.

I unlocked the front door of my apartment and stepped inside. I was exhausted but I knew sleep could wait; I needed to let Damien know I was fine because I was sure he would be worried out of his mind.

Shutting the front door behind me I stepped into the living room area and that was when I spotted Damien sprawled on the couch, asleep. His hair was heavily dishevelled, his tie undone and three buttons of his shirt open.

A small smile played on my lips as I looked at him; he was so much at ease and rested with his eyes closed. I swallowed and imagined what would happen when he found out the truth, what would he say when I told him I spent the night with Mason despite having strong feelings for him in the past.

Damien has been so tolerant with me, we've had small arguments in the past but never has he ever been genuinely mad or worse disappointed and hurt because of me. But today I had a feeling that was going to change.

Dropping the coat that was in my hand and purse on the opposite couch I kneeled down beside Damien and gazed at his sleeping form. I ran my fingers through his hair and whispered, "I'm so sorry."

Damien stirred and I pulled my hand away. He groaned incoherently under his breath and a small frown covered his forehead before his eyes opened.

I half-smiled at him. "Hi."

Damien's eyes widened a fraction as he realized I was opposite him. He immediately sat up and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Carly, oh thank God."

I sat immobile in his embrace - feeling unworthy of his concern and care - before I slowly wrapped my arms around him.

Damien pulled away and he cupped my cheeks with both his hands. "I was so worried, I wanted to call the cops but I didn't because of the text you sent. I knew you'd be late but the clock was ticking, from six pm it went to eight and then twelve, I tried calling you but it went straight to voicemail. I was losing my mind wondering about your whereabouts in the storm, my mind pictured the worst of things but I had to be headstrong, you said you were with a friend and that kept my mind at a slight ease." He ranted in one breath.

He pulled me to his chest again, running his hands through my hair before placing a kiss on top of my head. "You have no idea what I went through with just the thought of losing you Carly, I've lost too much and I can't afford to ever lose you, I love you too much."

My chest tightened hearing his words, I knew I was not worthy of Damien; he was far too good for me.

After a long moment in Damien's embrace I pulled away and Damien asked, "Which friends were you at? Next time give me a number so I can call and breathe at ease knowing you're safe and-"