Hangovers, Shopping and A Surprise

I opened my right eye and closed it again, I did the same with me left eye and eventually after much deliberation I opened both my eyes. I was lying flat on my back and sleeping on a very comfortable bed. My surroundings were blurry and I couldn't really make out exactly where I was.

I took in a breath and rubbed my eyes, clearing my sight by a fraction. I probably fell asleep with my contact lenses on and lost them in the process. After a grunt and moan I attempted sitting up using my elbows, but I somehow couldn't and no, it wasn't because of my pondering headache but from a weight that was around my waist.

I moved my hand in the direction of where the heavy 'object' was placed and when I touched over the 'object', it turned out to be an arm, a heavy, rough, slightly hairy arm. I felt panic rush in, knowing that the arm definitely belonged to a guy. I didn't let the panic take over though because I knew had to be calm and recall what happened the previous night after I left my place.

I remembered going over to see Mason, I was slightly mad at him so I left and called Carter. Carter picked me up and took me to a club, a club that was in some fancy hotel or maybe somewhere near a hotel. Thereafter I remember having one drink and then everything was blank; I couldn't remember anything else, apart from having one drink.

That rush of panic had returned. Could I have spent the night with Carter? And did the heavy arm that was draped firmly around my waist belong to Carter Holmes? God I sure hope it didn't, but if it wasn't Carter then who could it be? Unless I went home with a stranger. No, I thought, Carter wouldn't let me go home with some stranger...but then again it was Carter and I couldn't put anything pass him.

I needed to calm down because for one I was still dressed in my clothes from last night and even though I was partially blind, the room I was in seemed somewhat familiar. After much of an effort I managed to sit up with the help of my elbows. I looked ahead and tried examining the room I was in, it sure looked familiar but because it was so blur and my head felt like it was splitting in two I wasn't too sure.

I tried moving but the arm tightened its hold on me and I felt the person's body shift closer to me, so close that I felt his body press onto my side. I took in one deep breath and braced myself to turn and look at whose face belonged to the arm.

I slowly turned my neck but shut my eyes in the process, maybe I wasn't as brave as I thought. When my neck turned I finally opened my eyes but let out a defeated sigh because all I could see was the back of his head as his face was flat on the pillow but I was also relieved because he had a shirt on. All I could tell was that he had light brown hair and was quite broad shouldered.

I lifted my hand and poked his back, feeling my heart beat rapidly in my chest. All I got in response was an incoherent grumble, so I did that again and told myself I wouldn't stop until this guy woke up or at least moved his arm from my waist.

"Hey, wake up!"

"Hmm..." he murmured.

Something about his voice was familiar, I know I heard that voice before and from the back of his head I could tell I knew him, if only I could get my spare glasses from my purse then I'd be sure of who he was.

"Wake up!" I tried again,

Nothing, I got no response whatsoever. I didn't want to give up but by trying to wake him using my voice wasn't going to work so I had to resort to something that would definitely work. I looked at his arm resting over me then brought my hand up and pinched his arm, the hardest I could.

"Ah!" If my head wasn't so sore I would've grinned, finally getting a response from him.

"What the hell?" he asked, sounding very groggy.