Operation Breakup Part 2

I sat at the breakfast bar playing around with my Cheerio's still angry about the previous night's happenings, I couldn't believe that my brother wasn't mad at his girlfriend for crashing my car, instead he was mad at me and didn't speak to me all night.

I took in a deep breath telling myself to not get worked up over it again because soon Nicole would be out of our lives if my plan went accordingly, I just prayed Mason wouldn't mess it up because well, he was Mason.

"Morning." I greeted my brother as he walked into the kitchen.

He looked at me blankly for a long few seconds before speaking. "Oh so you're speaking to me again?" he asked sourly, grabbing some pancakes that my mom made.

I opened my mouth to reply but was cut off by mom rushing into the kitchen. "Good morning my darlings." She walked over to Liam and me and placed a kiss on each of our cheeks.

"I'm so sorry your dad and I couldn't make it for dinner last night but he had to meet with some foreign delegates on behalf of his boss."

"It's alright mom, we understand." Liam told her with a smile.

"Yeah, we're pretty used to you not being home anyway." I mumbled more to myself.

"Ignore her mom; she's just being her old self again." Liam told my mom and threw a glare my way.

"I am not!" I exclaimed.

"Come on you two, you're an adult Liam and Carly you're almost an adult, this sort of banter is very childish for you two." My mom scolded.

"Yeah very, Carly." Liam murmured.

"Look who's talking Liam!" I shot back.

"Enough you two!" My mom told us warningly.

"I have no idea what happened between you two but we have a guest in this house so I'd appreciate it if both of you behave." She added.

I scoffed while Liam said, "You should tell Carly, her behaviour has been nothing but shameful recently."

I'd lie if I said my brothers comment didn't hurt because it did, he was Liam, my big brother who always saw the good in me no matter how disrespectful I was or how many times I broke the rules, he was always on my side. I looked at him for a second with hurt before blinking it away and instead narrowed my eyes at him.

"Is that true Carly? Are you going back to your old habits again?" My mom asked me with a raised brow.

"No mom, Liam is mad at me for no reason. If anyone should be mad it's me, do you know what Liam did? He-"

"Oh look at the time, I'm already late. You can tell me all about your little war when I'm back okay?" My mom cut me off glancing at her watch.

"I have to be at the salon in five minutes. Breakfast is ready, help yourselves and Liam make sure Nicole eats that girl hardly ever eats. I will see you two later." She hurriedly said exiting the kitchen.

"Oh and you two don't be too rowdy, your father is asleep so don't disturb him." she added and left.

I sighed and went on eating my cereal, it was a typical day without my mom around; she hardly ever heard me out. Sometimes I envied Amber who was more like best friends with her mom, they shared everything together while my mom hardly ever had time to even say hello.

"Morning babe." I looked up when Liam spoke and greeted Nicole with a smile. Once again I felt a pang of hurt in my chest, normally my brother would greet me with a smile in the mornings and try to make me laugh whenever I felt down because of my mom regularly walking out whenever I tried to start a conversation with her, but this morning he didn't even greet me, instead he was all out to taunt me.