Chapter 32

My alarm blasted us both awake too soon. My head pounded with a lack of sleep as I furiously tapped to end the noise. Billy grunted next to me as he reached his arms out and pulled me into him. I quickly molded to his warmth.

"You should get up," I murmured.

"But it's so warm and comfortable." The childish whine in his voice made a smile burst onto my face.

"But you have responsibilities." I twisted around to face him. He kept his eyes closed, but he was awake.

I gently kissed the tip of his nose, rewarded by the flutter of his thick eyelashes to reveal his warm eyes.

"Never leave me," he begged.

"I'll always be here for you." I brushed errant hairs from his face as he sweetly peered over at me.

"There's time," he teased. "It's a phone call. I don't need to get out of bed." He pulled me closer to him.

"Billy," but a giggle was taking over me.

"So much time," he sunk into my neck, knowing I had no defenses against him. We twisted into each other as sensation took over again.

Billy's hand sunk to the curve of my back as he dragged me onto him with a gentle force. He strained his back to tip up to keep his lips connected to my velvet skin before I fell into him to ease his burden. 

"You're so fucking gorgeous," he murmured as his lips continued their path over my skin, leaving tiny fires in their wake. 

His fingers constricted on my hips, gently applying pressure as his proximity swirled through me. I grasped at his hair, pulling his face closer to me. Billy adjusted to my need for him as his hands flowed up my body. His thumbs brushed the sides of my breasts as his lips tugged on one of my nipples. It pebbled at the sensation before he moved to the next and repeated the motion. I felt like the keys of a piano, graced by the smooth strokes of his fingers. His tender fingertip each struck a different cord that pulsed through my core until I couldn't hold it any longer. 

As I lay on his chest, listening to his heartbeat settle back to a gentle beat, he combed his fingers through my hair.

"See, we had time," he smiled as he kissed the top of my head.

"I'm not sure if that's something you're supposed to be proud of," I teased as I let my fingertips dance over his chest. "I love your collarbone."

"My collarbone?" A laugh thundered from his throat.

"Yeah, I love your contours like your collarbone, your elbows, too. I can't stop staring at them when you're on stage."

"You're a strange and wonderful being, Miss Lily Turncott."

"It's part of my charm," I added, before glancing at the clock. "Shit, you need to call that number in ten minutes." I pushed off his chest, but he caught me.

"Relax, ten minutes is a lifetime," he pulled me back to his chest.

"Billy, you can't give a phone interview live on the radio while lying naked in bed with me."

"Why not? It's not like anyone can tell."

"What if one of us shifts and starts something?"

His throaty laugh filled the room. "I'm not a stovetop, Lil. It's not like you're going to brush up against me and I'll be hot."

"Really? You've been a lonely man on the road for weeks." I started digging around the floor for my clothes.

"Well, for one, I've had sex twice in the past eight hours. I'm not an animal." He laid back in the bed, enjoying the situation far too much.