Love Me Like You Do

After Demi's run in with the paparazzi, I decided to stay on the road with her for a few more days. She was still slightly rattled from the incident and I wanted to be there when the band was interviewed for one of the major networks morning shows. They would inevitably ask about the incident since this was going to be a no holds barred, all access interview.

Every once in a while the band would agree to do an interview like this. There were no limitations on the questions so long as they were tasteful and not completely inappropriate. The hosts that were handling the interview were complete professionals so I knew that the interview would be both informative and interesting.

I sat with Val and Jamie backstage while the producers and sound guys got the band settled in and hooked up to microphones. They were going to give a forty five minute interview followed by an acoustic performance of three different songs. They had an entire hour blocked off for them.

"The album is number one right now. How does that feel?"

"It's amazing." Matt answered. "We are so grateful that we are able to make music and we pour our heart and soul into it and to have the success that we have, it's humbling. We're so thankful to the fans."

"How has Nick leaving the band impacted the dynamic?"

"It was hard at first." Joe said before pausing briefly. "There was a lot of tension and ultimately he made the decision to move on. I think it was the right choice and Lauren has been absolutely amazing. We've known her for quite a while and she stepped right it and helped us write an amazing record."

"Everyone is happier now." Johnny chimed in.

"A couple days ago you had a run in with a member of the paparazzi over a comment he made about your wife." He said to Demi. "In hindsight do you feel like you over reacted? People are watching you closely and with your documented history of violence...."

"Addiction is like quicksand." She cut in." You know it's killing you and you're slowly sinking, but you can't stop. You can't get away. You continue to sink until you're dead. What people don't realize about Selena is...she walked out into that quicksand and held onto my hand so I wasn't alone. You wanna know what else she did? She yanked me out of it. I put her through hell and she never left my side. She is and will always be the most important human being on this planet. There is nothing that you can say to me that could convince me otherwise. So no, I didn't over react on that pap. He doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as her. I will not let anyone disrespect her. She's the reason I'm sitting her doing this interview. She's the reason that asshole can even take pictures of me."

"So you don't regret what you did?"

"Absolutely not. I'd do it again."

"You have a very strong relationship with Mrs. Gomez I take it?"

"Mrs. Lovato." She corrected. "And yes I do."

"Would you say that she saved you?"

"Umm....I think that's a lot of pressure to put on someone. I will say that she inspired me to get better. She made me want to live again. I had to come to that realization without her at first. She was definitely the catalyst for me changing my life."

"I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm glad you're healthy and sitting here with us today." He said as he made eye contact with her.

"Thank you." Demi smiled.

"Recently Nick Jonas tweeted out something that a lot of people think was a dig toward you Lauren." He said as she shifted his focus to the green eyed woman. "What are your thoughts on that?"