You Have My Heart At Least For The Most Part

Several months later once the tour finished, Nick and I were still struggling tremendously. We barely spoke and even then it was mostly arguing. The only solid relationships I had were Demi and Jamie. Jamie turned out to be a wonderful friend and I told her everything. Demi was unpredictable and all over the place while Jamie was very grounded and easy to relate to. I also saw her everyday at work.

Demi was a whole different story. She was a complication for me. I couldn't figure out if I was in love with her or if I just loved her. I didn't know if Nick and I's problems were causing me to look for something that just wasn't there. I was very close to her and she had a way of making me feel safe and un-judged. All my walls came down around her and it wasn't something I was used to. I was vulnerable and if we're being honest I was also hurting.

I loved Nick but I was beginning to think it just wasn't enough anymore. He was always out with friends or working in the studio. Now that I had the firm up and running, I focused on that. It didn't exactly fill the empty space in my heart. Demi on the other hand, she seemed to be able to patch me up without even trying. She wasn't even around right now and I still felt more connected to her than Nick.

I stepped out of the elevator and walked down the hall toward my office. My management firm had finally opened its doors and I was on my way to owning one of the most sought after management agencies in the business. As time went by, I'd become known for my direct and often cutthroat style of management. I was infamous for stealing big names from other firms and making them bigger.

I walked through the doors and stepped into an already busy office. We worked nonstop. As soon as Natalie saw me enter, she brought me my coffee and followed me into my office as she read my schedule for the day. I didn't have a minute to spare.

"Matt called me this morning and asked if you'd be available for lunch. I told him no since you were having lunch with Nick and..."

"Call him back and tell him yes." I interrupted as I sat down and turned on my computer.

"What about Nick?"

"Cancel."

"So you want me call both of them...?" She asked awkwardly.

"Actually." I said as I scanned my emails. "I'll call Matt myself. You can call Nick."

It wasn't really a secret Nick and I's relationship was nearing its breaking point. I really didn't have the energy to pretend otherwise.

"I'll take care of it right away. Anything else?" She asked.

"No. Thank you for the coffee" I smiled.

Once she left I picked up my phone and dialed Matt's number.

"Hey stranger." He answered.

"Hi!" I smile even though he couldn't see me. "Nat told me you wanted to do lunch. What sounds good?" I asked.

"Don't you already have plans?" He questioned.

"Not any that were important."

"Sel..." He sighed. "Give the guy a break."

"Do you wanna have lunch or not?"

"Yeah." He laughed lightly. "You are something else."

"Come pick me up at eleven thirty." I said cheerfully. "Don't be late."

"I'll see you then." He said before hanging up the phone.

I continued to scroll through my emails and drink coffee when I heard my phone go off, indicating I had a text. I glanced at the screen. It was from Demi. I opened it and laughed out loud. It was a picture of Johnny humping a dolphin shaped water fountain. I had no idea where they were but it looked like they were enjoying themselves.