Nothing Was The Same

Chapter Six

After they released the first single, things went from normal to absolutely fucking insane. The record label packaged them perfectly. She didn't really want to, but they made Demi the face of the band. I think she realized the tremendous amount of pressure that particular responsibility would carry. She handled it well...at first anyway.

You literally couldn't go anywhere without hearing their song. It took two weeks to chart in the number one spot on billboard's hot 100. It was still there an it had been about six weeks since it was released. They planned to release the second single once the album dropped next week. The song they planned to release featured some of Demi's vocals. It was a brilliant move on the labels part.

The label promoted them ferociously. The album they cut was amazing and you could tell that everyone was excited about it. Their first press tour was very stressful. They didn't mind the interviews and all the photo shoots, it was their completely jam packed schedule that had their heads spinning. They were tired and they weren't getting rest.

I had to hire an assistant to help me manage everything. There was a lot of work and I had no idea what I was doing most of the time. I also quickly learned that it would be impossible for me to be in two places at once. The guys were doing a radio interview while Demi did a photo shoot for Schecter guitars. They sponsored her and were in the process of designing her signature guitar. She was posing with one of the prototype's.

"What do you think?" She grinned as she handed me the instrument.

"It's nice." I said as I admired it.

It was a C-1 with a white paint job and what looked like red blood splatters all over it. It had her name in the fretboard and it honestly looked bad ass.

"You're supposed to say its bad ass." She laughed. "I guess nice will do. Fuckin chicks man." She teased.

"Shut up." I said as I playfully smacked her arm.

"Do I look super hot?" She asked as she plastered what had to be the stupidest look I've ever seen, on her face.

"Not really." I smirked, this time giving her a light shove. "You look normal. Sort of. I don't like your blue hair. You should change it."

She laughed. "Ok Selenalenena. I'll get right on that." She said sarcastically.

"You actually do look kinda hot..." I blushed.

"Here." She said as she sat down. Come sit in my lap and we'll talk about the first thing that pops up." She said as she pat her legs.

"I hate you." I smiled as I shook my head. "Fucking creeper." I added and I threw my water bottle at her.

She grinned devilishly and grabbed it. I watched in horror as she removed the lid.

"Selenaaaaaaa..." She said with an evil chuckle.

"Don't you dare!" I warned as I jumped to my feet.

She slowly advanced as she held the water bottle in an attack position.

"Demi..." I warned. "I swear to god." I laughed as I picked up a glass of orange juice that was sitting on a nearby table.

She continued to slowly walk closer to me with a smirk on her face. I decided to attack first. I launched the orange liquid at her face and screamed as she grabbed a hold of me and drenched me with the water bottle. She was laughing hysterically as I pulled her to the ground. She somehow managed to catch herself before landing on top of me.

"You're a jerk!" I said slightly out of breath.

"You attacked first!" She defended as she hovered above me.