Youngbloods Run Free Forever

Chapter Ten

A long time ago when this band first started, I never would have imagined they'd get so big. They were about to get bigger and we just didn't know it yet. It was award season and their album would end up winning plenty of statues. The kind that made people take notice. We were two weeks into our hiatus when we found out that they'd been nominated for four Grammys. It was a very exciting time for the band. They won three of them.

Once award season finished, Nick and I settled into a comfortable routine. Well, as comfortable as you could be when paparazzi followed you to the grocery store. It was something I would never get used to. It was even worse for Demi.

Demi was followed by paps until the very end. Sometimes I wondered if they contributed to her downfall. They brought out the worst in her. Despite all of her overly aggressive antics and multiple assaults, they never let up. They made her miserable and she made it difficult for them to get good shots of her. The label complained about the bad press constantly, but she ignored them.

I was at home watching tv when I heard my phone indicate I had a text message. I picked it up from the coffee table and smiled, it was Demi.

You up?

Yeah. It's like the middle of the day.

Look. I know how you and Nick like to "nap."

Shut up!

I miss you

I miss you too Dem.

I'll be home tomorrow. Wanna hang out?

That would be great.

Can Ruby come?

Of course.

Nudes?

BYE!

My heart fluttered at the thought of Demi, which I found to be slightly unsettling. She was slowly but surely becoming a permanent fixture in my life. We talked constantly and I'd find myself staying up late at night texting her while Nick was sleeping. There wasn't anything inappropriate happening, but sometimes I found my imagination drifting places it had no business drifting.

I heard a knock at the door but before I could get up, it opened and Johnny walked in. He had a habit of just showing up unannounced.

"Hey sis!" He grinned.

I was sprawled out on the couch and I knew the second he saw me, he was going to disturb whatever peace I might of been feeling. I let out a scream when he jumped on top of me and started trying to lick my face. I was laughing and squirming for what felt like an eternity trying to get away. He eventually won.

"Did you miss me?" He asked as he sat next to me with a smug look on his face.

"Not really." I grumbled as I wiped my face off. "I hate you." I chuckled.

"Where's that stupid ass boyfriend of yours?" He asked.

"Upstairs I think." I answered.

"I'm so fucking bored." He sighed. "I'm ready to tour again. Being at home sucks."

"Says the single party animal dude." I replied sarcastically. "Do you even have a house?"

"Nope." He smiled. "I stay at the Chateau."

"Yeah, that's a great idea." I said rolling my eyes.

It was actually one of the scarier things about the single band members. Especially Johnny and Demi. Demi wasn't even single and she still didn't have a place. She stayed at hotels most of the time and they catered to her in a way that only contributed to her problems with addiction.