Author's Note

Hiiiiiiii,

Soooo - I finished!!!

I do hope you guys liked it. I know the ending was a little weird and you can interpret it as you want, but I got struck with some last-minute inspiration and couldn't help myself.

I suppose that's what I'll talk about in this Author's Note - the importance of inspiration and determination.

I've been so lucky to know all of you. The people I've met on this website have been some of the friendliest and funniest folks I've ever interacted with. I've had people ask my advice and I've seen people write some AWESOME stories.

I've also noticed a common thread between a lot of authors, myself included.

We, for some reason, feel the need to appeal to others. We are DESPERATE to make the perfect work that makes everyone happy and I've only recently realized that that's... wrong.

I write things because I want to; because it makes me happy and because my mind works ten miles a second and all that brainpower should go SOMEWHERE!! I write things to make me happy and that should be why I write. That should be why we ALL write. Why we all do anything - because it makes us happy.

So, if you're struck by inspiration - SEIZE IT! No matter how stupid or foolish it seems. If you're an artist, ART! If you're a poet or writer, WRITE! If you're a mathematician, MATH! Musician? MUSIC IT! Scientist? Then do the SCIENCE! Just DO. IT!

Inspiration is a miracle rush of ideas and genius that can seem stupid as hell afterward but should always be cherished because in that one moment you were passionate and proud of something you did and you should cultivate that feeling. If you get passionate, pursue it, no matter how stupid it is.

I write a plethora of stupid things that I regret, y'all see it all the darn time, but I've found that those bouts of spontaneous creativity are SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL. The more you kindle them the stronger you become and the more confident you get. Why? I Don't KNOW! Maybe indulging in our random passionate bouts and then reflecting on them helps boost our psyche. 

SO. If you get inspiration, indulge in it, take ten seconds - TEN SECONDS jotting something down, anything, ANYTHING. Just allow yourself those few seconds to be your own creative self with no judgment or criticism.

AH, judgment and criticism. The two things that somehow build us up and break us down at the same time. Those two things help point out our flaws and show us what we can improve on while puncturing our fragile confidence and pride. So... here's where determination comes in.

Writing doesn't start out great. That's why I write fanfiction, to perfect and hone my craft. Is it perfect - HELL NO! But that's the POINT! It's wrong to expect yourself to be perfect because PERFECT doesn't exist. "Perfect" has never existed. It's a lie that we've all told ourselves so that we always try to be better, and boy does it backfire.

The word "Perfect" tells us to try harder, which is good and stops us from settling into arrogance, but it can also kill young passion.

So, stop trying to be perfect, try to be okay. Try to be you. You don't like how you draw noses? Just try and find something pretty or great about YOUR noses, then try to improve it. Don't like how your sentence structure comes across? Find something wonderful about it and THEN change something.

Find the positives in what you do before scrapping them. If everyone in the world did everything the same way, we'd be in a sorry state of affairs.

Be DETERMINED to stay true to YOUR passions. Don't draw like someone else, draw like YOU! Don't write like someone else, write like YOU! Can you use others and replicate their style to hone your craft, YESSSS! All I'm trying to say is you should be true to yourself and be proud of what you do. Use your determination to push yourself to not only "be better" but to find something to be proud of right now. Right now. Find the positives of your work this instant! Then fix the imperfections.

You all have wonderful talent and opportunities. The universe lays before you, yours to control if only you release your expectations of yourself.

Is it okay to push yourself to be better? Yes. But make sure you're bettering yourself and not replicating someone else.

I love you all and it hurts me that some of you don't see how great you are. Even if I don't know you I guarantee you have unmatched potential in something. 

You are great.

You have the capability to get better if that is your desire.

You are the best you that's ever been and ever will be.

Take pride in that. Take pride that you are an endless reservoir of opportunities and hope. Take pride in the fact that, if you desired, you could change the world.

Oh? You don't believe me?

Very well. That does not change the fact that I have faith in you and know that you are fantastic.

Have a wonderful day/night and never forget that you are already wonderful.

With much love and happiness - 

    The-Dragon-Hearted

P.S - I'll write again soon