Chapter 17 - To Persevere

Kina heard them first, despite the magic prevention cell she was contained in. She heard them enter the mountain stronghold, slip past a few guards stealthily before they were discovered and fought ferociously, running headlong into danger.

Igneel was leading the charge with two celestial spirits alongside him which absolutely decimated any and all enemy forces. Emma was a bit further behind him alongside Storm, the rest trailed after them; Ame, Silver, a small metal dragon, and Kakumi.

"What are they doing?" Kina demanded as she heard them fight their way to their cell.

"What?" Nova asked.

At her words, the door to their hallway was thrown open and Emma ran in.

"Big brother! If you're in here speak up or I'll leave you forever!" Emma yelled.

"EMMA!?" Lance cried from his cell.

"HE'S IN HERE!" Emma cried. She ran past Shiro and Shido's cells. "THEY'RE IN HERE!" she cried. Tug flew after her, happily smiling.

"I told you I sensed him here!" Tug chirped as Emma skidded to a halt in front of Lance's cell.

"Emma! What are you doing here!?" Lance demanded.

"Rescuing you, duh!" Emma yelled as she tugged on the bar.

"I've got this!" Tug announced. He flew up and clamped his teeth around the bars before setting himself to knawing away at them.

In a matter of seconds, the little dragon's metal teeth had ripped through the metal cell bars and after a moment the dragon had started to eat a hole in Lance's cell.

"Nova!?" Kakumi cried running in.

"KAKUMI! I TOLD YOU TO STAY" Nova yelled sharply.

"And I didn't listen!" Kakumi cried happily, running past Emma and up to Nova's cell.

"He was very persuasive," Ame announced as she walked in.

"Very," Silver agreed.

"Is Nashi in here!?" Igneel demanded, peeking in the door.

"No, they took her somewhere else," Shiro answered as he pressed his face against the bars.

"Upstairs, right above us!" Kina cried.

"NASHIIIII! I'M COMMINGGGGGG!" Igneel shouted taking off down the hall, Storm on his heels.

"STORM! YOU LET THEM COME IN AFTER US?!" Nova yelled through the bars. "DON'T YOU IGNORE ME STORM! DON'T RUN AWAY FROM ME! COME BACK HERE ICE-BOY! HEY!HEYYYY!"

"I made him come," Kakumi soothed as he tried to figure out a way to open the cell.

"Solid Script, HAMMER!" Emma yelled summoning a giant Warhammer in her hands that she used to crash through Nova's cell.

"Oh, thanks," Kakumi grinned.

"Why did you come after us, you're in danger!" Nova hissed.

Kakumi set about to undoing her magic-prevention cuffs and sighed. "I'm not gonna let you get hurt..." he murmured.

"Well, no you're gonna get hurt!" Nova argued.

"HEY! THEY'RE IN HE-!" A soldier cried as he ran up to the door, right before Ame doused him in water and Silver froze him solid.

"Ya know Nova, we're not exactly defenseless," Silver muttered as he tugged on his bangs.

Tug and Emma opened the rest of the cells and little Tug managed to chew the magic-prevention cuffs off of everyone.