Chapter 10 - Rebellious

The skinny shrimp of a man was flung to the ground where his face met the uneven stones very hard. He scrambled to his hands and knees to try and escape his attackers but two pairs of strong hands grabbed his ankles and dragged him back into the center of the abandoned house. His attackers released him but not before one of them stepped on his hands, making him cry out.

His attackers were children. The leader of the trio was a girl who seemed in tune with the color purple. Her purple hair hung down to her shoulders and her purple eyes didn't at all seem bothered by the violence she was ordering. She wore a simple purple shirt with a white mini-skirt and black leggings.

Her two lackeys seemed opposite in nearly every way. They were the same height compared to each other but the boy to her right had spiked white hair and brilliant blue eyes, the boy to her left had extremely short black hair and intense red eyes that were full of anger. The white-haired boy wore shorts and a blue T-shirt while the other wore black pants and a matching shirt.

"Your spreading rumors about the Dragon Kings," the girl murmured cooly as the man got to his feet. 

"Rumors?" the man laughed. "I'm just spreading the news I heard."

"What do you know about the enchantment?!" the white-haired boy snarled.

The man froze. Were they talking about the dimensional enchantment? How the hell did these kids know about that enchantment? Who were these kids?

The purple girl's eyes narrowed and she tilted her head as she seemed to listen to something.

"You helped make it," she murmured after a moment. The two boy's heads shot up, their pupils turning to slits.

Dragon Slayers

The man took a step back in fear as he realized the caliber of wizards he was dealing with. Were... were they - no they couldn't be. There's no way these kids were...

"I-I have no idea what you're talking about," he shook.

"You helped make the enchantment," the purple-haired girl continued, she strode forward and the man scrambled back. "You helped lay it. Why? Who are you working for?!"

"Pl-please, hold on," the skinny man whimpered.

The girl's eyes turned a shade of maroon and her hair seemed to darken a few shades. She grabbed the man's shirt and pulled him closer to her so that she could smile wickedly. Her sharp canines glistened in the dim light of the abandoned stone house.

"Riki? Is it?" Kina murmured, listening to the coward's mind. "Master Riki?"

The man before became a blubbering mess. He knew full well who she, Shiro, and Shido were. He knew who he was dealing with.

"What does this 'Master Riki' want?" Kina demanded, trying to sort through the man's convoluted soul.

"P-please don't hurt me," the man begged, getting on his knees.

Kina didn't have the time or patience for that. She shook the man like a ragdoll and snarled.

"My father went into that enchantment you spineless *input word*. If it takes me pumping toxins into your blood and torturing you until you are nothing more than a mewling pitiful wretch of a creature, rest assure I will do whatever it takes to save my father," Kina snarled. Maroon scales emerged from her skin slowly until the hand clenching the man's shirt was a claw. She exhaled and released a small cloud of poison as she glared at the man.

That did it.

The man quivered and his tears multiplied.

"I-I'm sorry! Please! Please have mercy!!" he cried.