Chapter 18 - The Power of Family

Kakumi collided with a wall and gasped for breath as his back and sides exploded with immense pain he didn't think was possible. How was it possible for someone to hurt so much.

"Leave him ALONE!" Nova screeched as she tried to pull herself to her feet, a new wound on her head from where Vixt had kicked her away.

"Don't worry, he'll live for a while until the bastard Riki gets his plan on the way," Vixt cackled as he sauntered up to Kakumi who was wheezing, struggling to remember how to breathe as coughs racked his body.

Kakumi cursed his weakness... his frailty. 

Vixt grabbed the back of his shirt and hauled him up like a helpless kitten, smirking at his terrified expression.

"Not so big and strong now that dear old dad is nowhere around, are you?" Vixt cackled, shaking Kakumi a bit before dropping him back to the ground and kicking him in the stomach with enough force to send him skidding backward, yelping in pain. He lay limp after that, whimpered and crying as he slowly curled into a ball.

Vixt was wrong... Kakumi was never big or strong... even when his father was around.

"You... you SPINELESS STUPID UGLY USELESS PIECE OF ABSOLUTE SH*T!" Nova yelled as she stumbled to her feet and almost keeled over from pain and dizziness.

"And you," Vixt cackled, turning nonchalantly around to stare at Nova. "The loudmouth. The b*tch who can't keep her damn mouth closed for two seconds so I can revel in my victory. Tyregenium's scales, you're annoying... I'll really enjoy killing you."

Those words sent a rush of absolute terror racing through young Kakumi.

Kill... Nova...

Nova, however, wasn't shaken in the slightest.

"You want to fight some more kids to make yourself feel better! Come on! Show me what you've got you ugly, blue-haired, toothbrush looking, neon blue, sorry excuse for a dragon slayer!" she cackled madly, trying not to fall over and taking a brave limp of a step forward.

"I think I'll make it painful. You know, so your little coward of a brother can hear you scream!" Vixt cackled.

"Come at me you *input word*, I've fought neon signs scarier than you," Nova smirked.

Vixt sneered at the comment before rushing forward and grabbing Nova by her neck. Nova snarled and kicked Vixt right where the sun-don't-shine and reveled in the look of agony on the dragon slayer's face.

"Say goodbye to your descendants. I just destroyed your *input word* bloodline," Nova cackled as Vixt's grip loosened and he took a moment to recover before letting out an angry roar and sending thousands of volts of electricity racing through Nova, making the girl scream in agony.

Kakumi watched in terror as the attack ended and Nova collapsed to the ground, steaming. Vixt panted in anger and stomped on Nova's head.

"Stupid. Stupid little b*tch. Stupid little - " Vixt chanted his curses as he stomped on her head again. His words were lost to Kakumi.

The boy stared at Nova who wasn't moving except for when Vixt's foot collided with the side of her head.

She was...

No... no, she couldn't be... not Nova. Not his sister. There's no way she would... no way she could be...

Kakumi couldn't function. The tears in his eyes didn't even fall he was so shocked.

He felt sudden terror and fear latch into his heart as he considered the thought that Nova was dead. Not Nova... no... no, she was too strong. She couldn't die... she just couldn't...