Chapter 6 - Calm Before a Storm

Everyone had returned to the guild at the news of Wendy's pregnancy. Dragons flew by the guild and offered their congratulations, mages from other guilds dropped by, Romeo found himself drowning in a pile of baby gifts, everyone was excited at the prospect of another dragon slayer child.

Fairy Tail was literal chaos. The partying and drinking never stopped.

For the kids, this meant free reign. The brats of the guild ran rampant through the town, the intent of celebration and training on their minds.

"BET YOU I CAN JUMP HIGHER THAN YOU!" Igneel yelled running down the cobblestone streets.

"BET YOU I CAN BEAT YOUR ASS!" Emma yelled back chasing after him.

"Emma," Lance scolded his little sister, Storm was by his side walking with his hands in his jacket pockets.

Nashi chuckled from behind Lance as she held Rui, the white-haired toddle was babbling and laughing as Bickslow's dolls hovered around him. To Nashi's side was Nova and Victoria, each of them holding one of the other triplets. 

"I bet we can beat both of you," Ame and Silver interrupted walking up to Igneel and Emma. The two kids froze in their argument and glared at the Fullbuster twins.

"You wanna bet?" Emma challenged the thirteen-year-olds fearlessly.

"Yeah," Silver nodded smugly.

"How about a competition," Ame offered, "A race of sorts."

"What kind of race?" Igneel asked skeptically.

"I bet you that we can get to the top of the Magnolia Cathedral before you," Silver stated.

All of the kids looked over the house's roof and spied the tall towers of the Magnolia Cathedral.

"Mom says we're not allowed," Igneel reminded the twins.

"If the competition was easy, then it wouldn't really be a competition," Ame reminded them.

"What are you four scheming!?" Storm called up.

Emma and Igneel snickered glancing at their older siblings before looking at the twins, "You're on."

"What should we bet on?" Ame asked.

The four kids thought for a moment as the rest of the group caught up.

"I got it!" Emma said snapping her fingers, "The group who loses has to tell the adults that it was their idea. That way the losers get punished."

The four looked at each other.

"That sounds good to me," Ame smiled.

"What are they planning up there?" Rosemary asked running up to Storm.

"Nothing good," Rose answered running up to Rosemary,

"I'll go talk them down," Storm sighed. "Make sure they don't flood the town... again."

He never got the chance, the four suddenly took off.

"Oh scales," Lance cursed.

"You may want to pursue," a soft voice instructed. Everyone jumped as Kina suddenly appeared behind them.

"Don't DO THAT!" Storm cried holding his chest.

"Hey Kina," Nashi greeted. Rui tilted his head as his distant eyes stared into space.

"Nashi," Kina greeted.

"Eena!" Rui announced finally recognizing the voice.

"Kina. K - Kina!" Bickslow's dolls corrected.