Chapter 7 - Suddenly Gone

A few months later

The dragon slayers were sitting in the private office in the back of the guild around a large table, listening to Freed who was standing, his face stern.

"Whadd'ya mean it can't wait!?" Gajeel demanded, sending a glare to Freed from across the table.

"They said it was urgent and that they required your assistance immediately," Freed explained standing as a soldier would.

"Okay, but all of us?" Erik asked, lounging in his chair with his feet on the table. "What on earth could be so bad that they'd send for all of us?"

"I don't know. The message simply said that their nest was under attack by rogue fifth-generation dragon slayers and that they needed the help from all of the dragon kings and the dragon queen," Freed explained, holding up the contact lacrima in his hand.

"Well, Wendy is staying here. She's in no condition to fight," Erik stated.

"Fifth-gens? Not again," Sting moaned, leaning back in his chair.

"It's strange. Usually, dragons would rather die than ask for help to fight humans," Rogue pondered.

Laxus took a deep breath and sighed, "Well... we should probably go check it out at least."

"Not all of us!" Erik snapped, "You go ahead, I'm staying here with Wendy."

"Yeah, she's due in a month or so," Sting agreed, "Someone's gotta stay here."

Suddenly, the lacrima in Freed's hand began to glow.

"They're trying to contact me again," Freed warned.

"Well, put em' on!" Natsu called running into the room and up to the table with a plate full of food. The other's glared at him.

"What?" Natsu asked innocently, stuffing his face, "I was hungry!"

Freed tossed the lacrima on the table where a hologram spread out. A young dragon with a large feathery mane shook her head and looked at Freed.

"Are they coming!?" she cried desperately.

"What, can she not see us?" Sting whispered to Rogue.

"It's a closed spell, Freed's doing. She can only see or hear Freed - a smart precaution," Rogue answered.

"Oh," Sting murmured.

"Yes, Laxus and Rogue are on their way," Freed answered the hologram dragon cooly.

"Wow, you got voluntold," Sting chuckled leaning over to Laxus who shoved him away.

"No! This is bigger than two of them! We need help from all of them!" the dragon cried desperately.

"Why?" Erik asked coldly. He couldn't hear the dragon's thoughts but he could sense that there was something off in her voice.

"Why?" Freed relayed to the dragon hologram.

"The egg thieves! The ones who have been terrorizing the nests, they're not just petty egg thieves! They're organized cultists! They're trying to bring Tyregenium back!!" the dragon cried, her young voice catching in her throat as she looked around nervously. 

That made every dragon slayer stiffen. Their pupils turned to slits and an instinctive growl rose in their throat.

"What do you mean they're trying to bring Tyregenium back? That's impossible, he's - " Freed began.

"DEAD!?" the dragon challenged, "When has that stopped anyone? Zeref did it!"

"Okay, hold on - " Natsu began.