Chapter 6: Drills for Days

I ran through the hallways, following Mason because I still have no idea where to go in this house, making it to my room when I ran into my closet. I look
through my drawer and pulled a pair of black running shorts, a razorback sports bra and a neon blue tank top. I quickly changed than ran into the bathroom and redid my ponytail messily, braiding it too.

Damn I look good in this.

My tank top hugging the flat chest of what I call breasts and slightly hugging my hips which in return hugs my flat tummy with my outline of abs showing a little too.

A yelling from downstairs brought me out of my gaze, I scramble out of the bathroom and grab my Nike neon blue football socks and cleats from the show rack. I also grab my shoulder pads just incase we use them. I put on my socks and run back out of the room stomping down the stairs like a herd of elephants, taking two at a time. I finally make to the kitchen sliding around on my socks trying to slide to the garage before running into a wall landing straight on my ass.

"Ouch!" I say and stand back up rubbing my sore bum. I look up and expect a wall, that I just ran into. But luck is never on my side. It was Mason I ran into.

"Hey, watch where you're goi- Oh, hey Janetta!" Mason exclaims yelling and looking angry, but when he turned around to look at me, it was like all the anger had vanished away and he smiled at. I smile sweetly back before Chris jingles the keys in the background and I take step back grabbing the last water bottle and Gatorade on the counter.

"I call shot gun!" Nick says before Xavier opens the connecting door from the house to the garage and stepping down the stairs.

"Fine." I say in disappointment while Chris opening the farthest garage door on the right. Yes, farthest. There's more than 4 cars in this garage, there's a classic, a couple of sport cars, and 2 Cadillac SUVs parked at the very end. Chris unlocks the white SUV garage door before unlocking the trunk and throwing his pads, helmet, and cleats in the back. I follow putting my pads, cleats and drinks in back before cramming into the cars back row with Hunter, Gavin, and Xavier. In the middle row is Mason, Kyle, and Luke. Meanwhile Nick is riding shotgun with Chris at the wheel. Chris carefully backs out of the garage, closing the door, than backing out of the long driveway. He pulls forward and were on our way to the field.

After 15 terrible minutes of all of the boys singing (more like screaming) a Taylor Swift song, Chris pulled into the school parking lot. I looked out of the window to see a many huge and luscious green practice fields.

"So this is where you guys practice?!" I ask as Chris parks the car in a gravel parking lot.

"Yep, they just redid all of the practice fields this summer so they're a lot better." Gavin says getting out from the car. I follow the boys out grabbing my cleats and pads. I turn around and slip on my cleats synching them up on the tail gate. I stand up and brush off the imaginary dust from my shorts grabbing my shoulder pads. I follow the boys until we reach midfield. I drop my equipment looking around to see all of the boys setting up equipment and stretching out. I walk over to there little cambia circle and start stretching out. 

"So Janetta, do you remember how to catch a football?" Kyle asks smirking.

"Yeah, almost as well as remembering you still lost too me at arm wrestling." I reply crossing my arms across my chest very sassily. That got a lot of 'Burn' and 'Oooooooooo, Snap's from the guys. I smile sweetly before Kyle flipped me off.

"Alright ladies break it up." Chris says jogging back over to us.

"He started it!" I say pointing an accusing finger at Kyle. He stepped back putting his hands up in defense.