Chapter 12: Prayin' to Yesus

Mason's POV

It's Sunday today and that means Mom and Dad are yelling at us to get ready for...

Church.

I woke up with Kyle screaming in my ear to help me find his shirt.

Like I know where it is?!?

I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes to hear only more chaos and screaming from downstairs. I pull on a pair of gym shorts than head downstairs for some breakfast only to get rejected because mom hadn't made it yet and it would be less than an hour before I revived communion. I climb back up the stairs and hop in the shower after Nick. I shower up and shave than put on a pair of fresh boxers than walk to the laundry room to see the clothes line against the wall with all of our clothes hanging from clothes pins with our names labeling who is wearing what. I look for my name than grab the white shorts and an ironed orange pastel looking polo along with a brown belt and a slip of paper that says "Wear Sperrys," I grab the clothes and head to my room. I change into them than comb my brown hair, grab my shoes from my closet, and grab my silver watch from my drawer. After a spritz of cologne I headed downstairs to see everyone mainly ready and Janetta helping Robert button his shirt. She's wearing ripped white jeans with a blue loose shirt. She's also wearing a pink and purple scarf with her brown hair down and wavy drying naturally. She also has on a gold chain bracket on along with a pair of gold stud earrings.

I didn't know she had her ears pierced. Looks pretty.

She was wearing leather sandals that looked like they wrapped around her foot. I won't admit it but she looked really good. Once she finished buttoning Robert's shirt, Spencer came marching up to her and puffed out his chest signaling he needed his shirt to be buttoned as well considering that the top button was paired with the 5th button from the bottom. She giggled than fixed it for him. After he was properly buttoned up he took her hand and lead her into the garage and next to the white Cadillac. Dad hopped into the driver's seat with Mom next to him in the passenger seat. I climbed in next to Gavin, Dylan, Evan and Brendon. Spencer, Janetta, Ian, Danny, Aaron, and Xavier were crammed in the back two rows. Luke, Hunter, Patrick, Robert, Kyle, and Nick have to take another car with Chris following us. We pulled out of the garage and started on the 10 minute drive to church.

Once we arrived at Saint Stephen Catholic Church everyone immediately went their own ways. Evan, Kyle, Aaron and Dylan all headed to a classroom to practice for the choir. Ian is altar serving today with Nick being the Cross Bearer so they immediately bolted to Room 5, to change since that is where all the cassocks and robes are kept. Mom and Chris went over to 'The Binder' and signed up to Eucharistic Minister along with signing in all the boys who were helping. The rest of us went into the Sanctuary and got comfortable than just waited for mass to begin because since we were about 30 minutes early. I sat down and Janetta sat next to me with Xavier sitting to her right. The younger ones were closer to the end so they could leave for their Children Liturgy Of the Word (CLOW for short) that's a program that the younger ones where they go into a classroom during mass and learn more about the readings to better understand them and that type of thing.

"You look nice today." Janetta said to me.

"Why thank you. You look good t-" I answered but was rudely interrupted by Xavier

"Hey what about me?!? I look good too!" Xavier said than frowned like he was a 5 year old who didn't get any ice cream.

"You guys both look very nice." She said and Xavier's frown turned upside down and he's eyes immediately lit up.

"Like I said I worked very hard to put this outfit together. And it just turned out so smexy." I said going back to our previous conversation.

"Yea right. I woke up around 3 in the morning to make sure you didn't look like garbage today." Mom said jokingly cutting into our conversation.