Chapter 25: His Story in History

Mason's POV

*riiiinnnnggggggg*

Finally!

I quickly pack up my Latin stuff and rush out of the room and into the main hallway.

I know Latin is useful for when I become a doctor, but does Mrs. B really have to be that boring....

"Aye Mason!" Someone calls from behind me.

"Aye, what's up Jevin?" I respond giving Jevin a man-hug greeting while continuing my walk down the hallway.

"Not much man, hey, are you back together with Amanda again?"

"What?! Hell no." I say looking at him like he just spoke to me in a foreign language.

"Ooh, good for you man, but I would clear that up, apparently Amanda hasn't gotten over you because there's a thing going around the school that you're going to ask her to homecoming or something. I don't know, I just heard." Jevin says sheepishly

"Nah, nothing like that is going on. I've moved on. But thanks man, I'll talk to her. See ya later man." I say with wave as I turn down the 600 hall towards AP US History.

Why should she be talking about us together again? I don't love her or want to date her again. Mean she is very attractive, but there's something else that no longer attracts me to her. But that's not the point, homecoming dance is in a few weeks, but I was planning on taking someone else.

"Happy Tuesday!" Janetta says with a bright smile that quickly turns to a frown, "are you alright, Mason, it looks like you just went through a line of defenders and shit yourself."

"Oh-sorry,... no. What? I'm fine." I reply

"Good Morning lady's and gent's. Let's get started on some history!" Mr. Nieter says with a smile.

"Morning!" We all reply pulling out our books and other materials for the class. I pull out my phone as well. Amanda needs a little talking to.

M: What's up with you talking about us going to homecoming together? I never asked you.

A: What do u mean? U promised me that we were going to go together!

M: I promised you when we were still dating that we could go together. Guess what. We're no longer together and we're no longer going together.

A: But u PROMISED!

M: Promises can be broken. Especially when I made them when we were dating. Stop telling everyone we're going and you can stop the rumor that we're still dating too.

A: Thanks a lot Mason! Ur going to make me look like a fool at homecoming with no date when i already said that u and i were going as a couple

M: Then maybe you should have kept your mouth shut.

A: But u like it more when my mouth is open

M: That's disgusting Amanda

A: But you love it. Just like you love me.

M: No, I actually don't. Stop the rumors that you think are true.

"Mr. Mason, I don't believe you are permitted to dismiss the red zone rules we have in this classroom."