Chapter 22: Walking with The Gods

Right as soon as my brown boots hit the asphalt of the school's parking lot, my stomach churns with excitement and fear. Today's the first day of school and honestly I'm pretty nervous, but I remain cool, calm and collected as I grab my backpack, leaving my football gear in the car for after school practice. I lock my Camaro before joining up with everyone although most of the boys have taken off, joining their friends that they haven't seen since June. Mason, Xavier, and I walk in together and soon we are joined by Caleb and Colin as we enter through the gym hall entrance.

"Hey guys." I greet them with a chipper tone as we enter the school.

"Hey J." Colin says just as happy whereas Caleb just nods and gives a small wave.

"So, What are your guys first block?" I question pulling out my schedule trying to make conversation.

"Latin IV." Mason says

"AP History." Xavier states

"Technical design." Caleb responds

"PE." Colin says lastly with a frown.

"That sucks, I have AP English." I state before checking the time and deciding I have to head off so I'm not late for first block. "Anyways, I'm off to the 700 hall. Bye guys." I say with a wave and head off.

"Bye Janetta." Xavier, Caleb and Colin dismiss before heading off towards their classes.

"Wait, J. I'll walk you to class." Mason says catching up to my fast pace.

"Oh no, you don't have to Mason." I say looking to him.

"No please, I'm going to the 600 hall right there anyways." He says with a genuine smile that lights up his flawless tan face.

I just nod my head in permission before letting Mason lead me towards the 700 hall. As I follow him I look around just trying to remember and how I'm going to get around this huge school.

Eventually we reach the 700 hall before Mason asks which room number.

"720." I confirm before putting my schedule back in my backpack.

"And here we are." Mason says gesturing to the wooden door with the number 720 on it.

"Thanks Mason, you really didn't have to walk me all the way to class." I say with a smile

"It's my pleasure J, and if anything goes wrong just text me, ok?" He asks

"Ok, Mom," I say with a chuckle before heading into my class. The chairs are all in rows with large stacks of papers on all of them. I search around before finally finding Janetta Robinson and taking my seat that's on the left side closest to the whiteboard that said "Welcome Back Hawks". I sit in my seat quietly looking thorough some of the papers on my desk as people enter the room.

Soon the bell rang and many more people started flooding into the classroom.

"So did you hear about the new girl."

"She was walking with The Gods, who does she even think she is?"

"That bitch can't just walk into a new school and take what's clearly Amanda's."