Chapter 14: Pancakes and Hawks

Janetta's POV

I woke up with the oh so glorious morning sun blinding me as I woke up. I glanced over at the alarm clock on my bedside table 6:04.

Good, my body is back on its normal schedule. I won't lie, I hate sleeping in, I know that's kinda crazy for a teenager and especially a girl to say, but I hate so much. We waste away the day by sleeping in, I'd much rather wake up early and get the day going than sleep in. I got dressed out of my pj shorts and tank top and changed into workout shorts and just a sports bra. I grabbed my tennis shoes and a pair of socks before closing my bedroom door and heading downstairs.

I walk down to the mail box and see Chris leaning against it stretching out. We warm up before taking off down the street, only this time instead of taking a right, like we usually do, we took a left and we continued down the street. As we ran down the street we saw the giant pine trees were starting to turn their autumn colors and the sweet smell of lake water filled my nose as we ran. After about another 20 minutes of running. We decided we should turn back and go home before the boys start to kill each other over food for breakfast.

As soon as we reached the door steps, we could already hear commotion coming from inside the house. We opened the door to see hell itself.

Just kidding.

Brendon and Kyle were running around shirtless trying to make pancakes in the kitchen. Dylan was running behind Aaron as Aaron had apparently had made a joke that Dylan didn't care for as Dylan was whispering profanities under his breath as he ran by us. Mrs. Meyer was trying to collect all the laundry while still maintaining her cool. Danny was running around the house with Patrick's titanium leg as Patrick and Robert try to get it back. Mason comes down the stairs in a pair of gym shorts yawning apparently just waking up. Nick passes by with an armful of clothes and muffles a 'good morning' as he walks pass us and Spencer, being the Spencer he is, is riding Shadow. Literally, Spencer is sitting on Shadow's back like a horse. Sara comes back rushing from the laundry room collecting more dirty clothes.

"Janetta, dear. Can I have any of your dirty clothes so I can wash them?" Sara asks me before going up the stairs and going to more bedrooms.

"Oh, of course!" I reply as I followed her up stairs before taking a left towards my bedroom. Once I reached my room I striped the nasty clothes off and tree them in the hamper. But before I hopped in the shower, I grabbed my phone, hooked it up on Bluetooth, so the music came through the speakers in the bathroom, found a good Pandora station than hopped in the shower removing all the sweat and nastiness off me.

After I scrubbed my body clean and washed my hair out I stepped out of the shower drying off. I wrapped the baby blue towel around myself before prancing over to my closet and pulling out a pair of dark wash jeans, a black actual (not sports) bra, a black cami, and a mint green lace top. Once I was completely dried off, I slipped on my jeans than my bra, cami and finally put on the lace top. I brushed my hair unraveling the knots and putting it in a low ponytail with a black silk ribbon over the ponytail holder tying it up on a bow. Since apparently today's so the day I go and checkout my new high school.

Before I headed downstairs I grabbed my laundry bag and put it in the laundry room next to all the other 17 laundry bags.

"Thanks honey!" Sara calls and 17 "you're welcome"s came her way.

"Not you! Janetta." She says and I reply with a simple "you're welcome" before going into the kitchen to see Mason cooking up some pretty decent looking pancakes.

"Morning Mason!" I say with a smile and he looks up from the griddle.

"Good Morning Janetta!" He replies with an actual smile on his face..