Chapter 10: Shadow Racing

"Hey guys, doesn't Dylan kinda look like Hulk?" I ask clicking my life jacket belt buckles together as I watch Dylan storm down the stairs.

"Yeah he kinda does!" Spencer agrees securing his own life vest on.

"Hahaha, yeah he does!" Ian laughs than stands back up putting his life jacket on.

"J come on!" Mason shouts over the hum of boat engines as he starts up the dark blue jet ski.

Wait!! Jet Ski!!!

I look around and indeed there is about 5 different colored jet skis all in the dock as well as a pontoon boat, and 2 speed boats. Ian, Robert, Spencer, Chris, Luke, Nick and Danny all hop into one of the teal stingray boats and Chris turns the ignition creating a steady hum of the powerful engine he backs out of the slot and takes off.

"MASON!!! You're gonna be dead by the time I get down there!" Dylan shouts

"Quick hop on!!" Mason says hopping on the jet ski. I hop on behind Mason clinging onto his back holding on for dear life as he speeds out of the slot. I wrap my arms around Mason's torso tighter as he speeds around the corner of the lake. After a few wicked turns we get to a little island tucked into a little bay where the rest of the boys are hiding out. I climb off the jet ski and helped Mason park it in the sand next to all of the boats and jet skis. I look around the island and it was not much but it's amazing!

There was a little wooden shack that looked like it was quite old but cute. There was also some beach lounge chairs that the boys were happily resting in. Tucked around the corner I could see a bonfire area with wooden logs as seats in a circle surrounding the bonfire pit.

"Well, that was close!" Mason says wiping the imaginary sweat off his forehead and putting the keys in the built in pocket of his trunks.

"I would say so!" Kyle smirked laying down in the sand. I sit down taking off the life jacket and place it next to me. Spencer comes running over and sits down next to me giving me a big toothy grin.

"Was that fun?" Spencer asks

"I do believe so. Although Mason is a terrible driver." I whisper to Spencer

"I agree. Once he ran into a tree because..... Well, he's Mason." Spencer whispers and then giggles

"I'm right here ya know!" Mason says sitting up from he previous laying down position besides me.

"I know." Spencer giggles again.

"You guys are silly!" I say shaking my head and looking out to the wake that was slowly rocking the boats. I took in the whole scene that this was my new home no matter how much it will be awkward to walk into a house with 17 boys.

"TAG!!" Danny suddenly screams and slaps me on the arm with a wet hand.

"Hey! No fair you got a head start!" I shout back standing back up, brushing off the dry sand. I stand for a few seconds before dashing off chasing Danny. He lets out a loud scream before running into the water splashing all of the boys. I follow him creating a wave with my hands splashing a few guys in the process. Patrick was hopping around on his one leg as well trying to get away from me. He slowed down to catch a breath and I took this chance to tag him.

"Gotcha!" I yelled running away and winking in his direction

"It's because I'm handicapped isn't it?!?" Patrick cries out and I slow down and turn back to him.

"No, it's-" I say when Kyle goes rushing over to him about to comfort Patrick.

"Got 'cha!" Patrick screams slapping Kyle on the back.

Living with 17 Playersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें