Chapter 15: Practice with a Foreign Language

Mason's POV

I groaned as I continued to run the same zig-zag pattern Janetta had me running.

"Now sharp left." She barked and I spun on my heel and darted to the left. I ran a little before she blew a very annoying whistle meaning for me to pass the ball that was currently resting in my hands. I passed the ball to her which I immediately regretted. The spiral was sloppy and it landed about a yard away from her than decided to dart to the right because it's a freaking little bitch.

"Meyer! What the crap was that?" She hollered from across the field.

If you're asking where we are and why am I passing a football at Janetta. It's because of practice. Remember when I asked her to help me throw a little better during the picnic?

Big Mistake.

It's been about 2 hours now and we're still running around and I still can't trow as decently as her.

"Sorry J." I replied and grabbed another football from the bag.

"That explains why you guys haven't won a championship game since 1994!" She mumbled than blew her whistle as I start running again doing made up patterns again than trowing her another bad spiral that managed to fly way over her head. She blew the whistle twice than jogged back over to me with a raised eyebrow expression.

"Clearly that's not going to work." She say than tapping her finger against her chin in thought.

"You just realized that. Now?" I say still trying to catch my breath before taking a sip of water from the jug on the bench.

"Sollte er, so zu werfen?
Was wäre wenn. Keine
Als ob wir versuchen, den Zaun, um die Genauigkeit zu erhalten." [Should he try throwing? What if.... No. What if we used the....]" She mumbled under her breath and I tried to understand her but it sounded almost German. She sat there formulating a plan before she yelled "Iche habe es!" "[I got it!]" than looked at me with bright eyes

"In English please!" I yell back with my eyes almost bugging out of my head

"I got it!" She yelled than hopped up from the bench. I gave her a smirk motioning for her to carry on. "Ok, here's the plan. You're going to grow to the fence at an exact place that I point to. Well see what happens then." She replies and grabs a football from the bag. We walk over to the fence and I get in position with the football in my hands as she walks over to the fence and points to a random location. I'm still confused at the whole foreign lingo thing but decide to carry on and I throw the ball but it comes up short and is a few inches below the spot she pointed to.

"Try again." She says and tosses me the football. She points to another point about 3 yards away from the last one. I throw the ball again and it was only a few centimeters away from the spot.

"Alright! There we go." She passes me the ball and I do some type of aiming process before throwing the football to the fence again before it was only 2 inches away.

"Wasn't that good enough?" I whine than groan again because my shoulder was starting to hurt and she just shook her head than pointed to another spot. I threw again and this time it was pretty damn close only her to reject it for it wasn't precise and tossed the ball back to me.

"Better. Now again." She says and points to another spot that is closer to the last spot she pointed too. I stepped back than, using the momentum in my leg, I twitted my hips forward and let my chest, shoulder, elbow, and finally my wrist be carried out by the momentum as I hurled the ball at the exact spot she pointed to.

"Yes!! I did it! Ha I knew I could do it!" I screamed and jumped up and down doing a little victory dance. She merely chuckled than picked up the ball again pointing to another spot.