Chapter 13: Picnic and Quads

Janetta's POV

"Double negative." Mason replied that walked out of the house into the garage and closed the door.

"I still don't understand his comebacks." Xavier says shaking his head.

"None of us do." Kyle adds

"True." I add and continue with putting the crackers in the 'dry bag'. Basically it's a bag with no liquid in it. Very simple.

"Can I do anything else to help?" I ask Sara after I finish packing the Dry bag and setting in on the floor.

"Nope. Just go get changed and then we'll be on our way!" Sara says than continues on packing

I looked down and realized I never even did change I just went straight to helping Sara with the lunches. I went upstairs and into my room. I changed out of my church clothes and hung them nicely in my closet. I changed into a pair of  jean shorts and a blue v neck shirt. I grab my matching blue vans and my sunglasses. I go into the bathroom and start on my hair, I brush through it before just French braiding it down my head then just tying it off with a hair tie in a low ponytail. I look in the mirror and is pleased with the outcome of what I tried.

I head downstairs and into the kitchen where Sara is doing so last minute packing. She must have changed too because now she is wearing white knee length shorts and a pretty summer blouse along with sandals.

"Oh, I should go change. I didn't know we were going fancy." I say as I turn back towards the stairs.

"Oh no honey, you look great! I'm just not going to be doing as much physical activity as you guys so I went casual." She replies than swinging a bag over her shoulder. "Boys come on! Let's go!" She yells and most of them come down in shorts and tank tops along with sunglasses in hand.

So I'm not underdressed.

"Here, let me help!" I grab a few bags and slide them up my shoulder, Robert opens and holds the door for us as we walk through and towards the Cadillac again. We plop all the bags down in the trunk and shut the trunk door closed.

"Oh Janetta dear, Could you go get Shadow? He's coming along as well." She says and starts the engine. I go back inside and see Shadow sitting right there by the door wagging his tail and looking straight at me.

"Come on boy! We're going on a picnic!" I say and Shadow pops right up and runs to the car. I open the door for him and he jumps into the car in a heartbeat. Once I slide into the passenger side, Sara locks the car and pulls out of the drive way. We listen to some country music while we were driving to the park when Sara suddenly remembered something and turned down Tim McGraw.

"Janetta, dear, I forgot to tell you but on Tuesday their will be the orientation for the new students at Hickory so please remind Brendon or Chris to take you." She says than looked back to the road, turning on her blinker than making a exit from the highway.

"Oh yeah sure." I say "But it's only August?!?" I question in disbelief

"They start school early here." Kyle says nonchalantly

"Oh." I reply slowly realizing m summer is coming to an end.

"Mom, could you please turn the music up again?" Spencer questions sliding almost out of his car seat to as Sara.

"Sure honey." She turns the nob and 'American Kids' by Kenny Chesney comes on making us all bebop our head to the catchy tune. Not long after the song finished we arrived at a huge hill. Sara parks the car next to a big, black, Ford F-150 platinum truck. We all hop out and start unloading the car. I grabbed the sandwich cooler and the dry bag. Kyle took the huge picnic blanket, Nick took some foldable chairs and Spencer grabbed the mesh bag filled with balls. I heard a bunch of engine 'humms' behind me but didn't care enough to turn around.