Chapter 18: Movie Night

As soon as I entered the house I was off to my room for a much needed shower. As I was racing upstairs I saw Kyle and Mason fighting over the bathroom.

Ha ha.

Thank goodness of Mrs. and Mr. Meyer, I get my own to use bathroom. I don't think I could have handled sharing especially with a nasty boy. I head to my room and go immediately to the bathroom. I strip off the sweaty practice gear and hop straight into the shower letting the cool water rinse way the dirt and grime allowing it to go straight down the drain. I decide I probably need to shave as well so I take a few more minutes to shave and make my legs smooth and soft. After I turn off the water and step out of the shower I dry off with a towel and use another towel for my hair. I made sure my door was locked before I entered the bathroom so I tipped tied into my closet to grab some clothes. I grab a fresh pair of undies, a sleeping sports bra (of course), a pair of booty shorts and an old championship t-shirt (I have a lot of them.) I tip toe back into the steamy bathroom and turn on the fan so the bathroom could try and vent a little. I lotion up my legs, because that's what you do after you shave, and pull on my underwear and my shorts. I put on my sports bra and the championship t-shirt from a few years back and up my hair up into a messy bun type thing before heading downstairs where the smell of food is wafting from the kitchen and I almost drool over myself at the marvelous scent. I walk into the kitchen and see waffle fries and Chick-fil-a bags everywhere. I head over to the counter and see a bag with my name on it.

I never remembered ordering.

But I take the food anyways. Hey, a meal is a meal especially if it's Chick-fil-a I walk over to the dinner table and sit down next to Mason and Kyle who are devouring their sandwiches and Dylan and Evan are basically swallowing their chicken nuggets whole.

Boys.

I grab my sandwich and take a bite, enjoying the sweet taste of the chicken along with the tomatoes and lettuce. I was ready to take another bite when I remembered the most important part of the sandwich. The sauce. I reach across the table and grab a packet of Chick-fli-a sauce. I dump the whole packet on my sandwich bun and close the sandwich squishing down the sauce before taking another delicious bite. After I scarfed the whole sandwich down, not on purpose of course, I get up and walk over to the fridge for a drink. There's Gatorade, Kool Aid, Lemonade, Water, Capri Suns, Orange juice, and Milk. I guess I'll have Gatorade. I take the blue bottle out of the fridge and pour it into a glass before returning the Gatorade to its proper location and sit back down at the table.

"I think that's one of the longest practices we've had without someone getting a black eye or groin pains." Xavier says cutting straight to the point.

"I would say so. I think it's because of Janetta." Evan says look towards me as everyone else agrees by nodding their head. "I think it was because the boys were showing off to look good."

"Well, everyone except Mason." I add swallowing a sip of Gatorade as all the heads crane around to look at me.

"Well it is true." Kyle agrees and everyone nods, except Mason.

"Hey! My passes are just fine thank you. So hop off." He says with a hint of sass at the end.

"Nah, I like this band wagon. The passes are slow and they finally just got accurate." Hunter says

"You're welcome." I reply and they all look at me like I'm mental. "Remember on Tuesday when Mason and I went some where for like 4 hours?" I ask and they all nod in remembrance. "I went to go help Mason with his passes and work on a few drills to help him for the season. So you're welcome for helping him learn how to throw." I sum up

"Thank you for your act of kindness young lady." Dylan says like a British butler and have to focus on not trying to break.

"Why it was my pleasure. I live to serve the team." I respond with the same cheesy, bad accent surprised at how good my accent sounded.