Chapter 5: Yes, Girls Actually Run

I wake up yawning and looked over to my alarm clock that was sitting on the nightstand closes to me. 8:27 am.

What the heck!?! That's so late!

Oh wait. Timezone change. Duh

I hop out of bed and prance, yes prance, over to the bathroom. I brush out my hair that was in disarray from sleeping. I put it into a ponytail then splash some cold water on my face to fully wake me up. I walk over to my closet and pull out a pair of running shorts, a razor back sports bra, and tank top. I walk over to my shoe rack and pull out my Nike running shoes and a pair of socks. I quickly and quietly change then head downstairs. Once I got to the entry way I put on my shoes and stepped outside into the brisk morning air. I looked around and saw Chris stretching by the mailbox.

"Hey Chris." I said jogging down the long driveway and meeting up with him.

"Oh, hey Janetta." He said and smiled at me.

"What are you doing at this hour?" He asks.

"Going for a run, are you too?" I ask stretching by the mailbox

"I always go for a run in the morning. And you see, I know where I'm going." He says standing up towering over my 5'11 frame.

"Well, can I tag along?" I question standing up.

"Of course, it will be kinda nice to run with someone. Since Kyle didn't want to wake up this morning." He said looking at me.

"Alright, let's go!" I say and he starts jogging and I follow.

After a few turns we are still jogging and it's are really pretty area for running. The road is smooth which is something I didn't get to enjoy back in Virginia.

"So we're just going to jog?" I question getting sick and tired of just plain jogging.

"Oh, well I though this was you're pace." Chris says.

"See that's were you are wrong." I say and speed up now full on running at my normal pace. Chris speeds up and we are at the same sped now taking another left.

"This is my type of running!" Chris exclaims.

"Is it better than Kyle's speed?" I ask

"Much better." He says with a smile.

After a 3 mile run, Chris and I turned around and headed back to the house. So in all we did 6 miles which is a lot, after me not practicing for a few weeks. Once we got back to the house we both are drenched in sweat and breathing heavy. As soon as we open the door the smell of bacon and eggs invaded our noses. We take off our shoes and socks, letting our feet somewhat dry before Chris stands up.

"Well at least we know what's for breakfast. I'm going to shower." Chris says and heads upstairs. I follow him but turn to get to my room. I pull off my nasty, sweaty clothes and hop into the shower.

10 minutes later I'm fresh and clean with a pair of dark jean shorts and mutant ninja turtle muscle shirt on. I put my damp hair into a high ponytail. I head back downstairs and into the kitchen to see all the boys chomping down on scrambled eggs and plates of bacon. As soon as I get down stairs Mason looks at me and smiles, Spencer rushes over to me and gives me a good morning hug. I kneel down and hug Spencer back ruffling his blonde hair.

"Good Morning guys." I say standing back up and walk towards the kitchen were the boys are stuffing themselves with bacon.

"So, um, what's for breakfast?" I ask looking like a clueless girl, scratching my head for effect.

"What the fuck do you think breakfast is?" Dylan says raising a piece of bacon.

"Hahaha, I knew that, I smelt it when I walked into the house dummy." I say sarcastically.

"Oh, where did you go?" Kyle asks

"With me for a run, since you didn't want to get your ass up." Chris answers for me pulling a shirt over his head.

"Oh, where did guys go?" Patrick asks

"Up to Bells Mill and back." I say remembering the name of the road we turned around at.

"You went up to Bells Mill!" Hunter looks surprised

"Yeah it was a nice run." I say grabbing a plate and putting some eggs on it.

"That's 6 miles." Patrick exclaims

"See what I can do without you guys whining behind me." Chris says eating another thing of bacon. I finish my eggs and bacon before putting the plate in the sink. I walk over to the living room couch, plop down and shortly Mason and Spencer come since next to me. Then all of the boys except Aaron and Brendon finish up breakfast and are sitting in the living room with the TV playing cartoons sitting back relaxed.

"Hey guys, where did Aaron and Brendon go?" I ask

"Oh they left early this morning with mom and dad for a conference." Nick answers

"Oh, ok" I sit back and watch coyote chasing RoadRunner around a rock. Oh, RoadRunner. My old nickname from coach Wilson. It takes a lot out of me to not shed a tear.

I really miss those guys.

I look at the boys and they are all looking around at each other and nodding.
This can't be good.

"So Janetta, since you play football and all. We were wondering if you want to come practice with us at school." Luke said looking straight at me.

"There's no official practice, but we go to train." Chris adds and now all the boys are looking at me waiting for my answer.

"Are you kidding me?!? I would love to come!" I jump off the couch and run upstairs before I hear.

"She's the only girl in the world who would want to work out twice, in this heat!" Dylan said sighing before getting up to go change.