Chapter 4: Dinner with a Side of Halo

After a few more turns around this maze of a house, Xavier and I step into a dinning room where most of the boys are sitting down.

"Oh, Janetta. You came to join us." Sara exclaims and everyones head pops up.

"Uh, yeah. Thanks." I say and I sit down next to Spencer who is rubbing the extra chair next to him.

"It's no problem honey, so do you like your room?" She asks me.

"Oh yes, it's absolutely wonderful. Thank you. How did you know that blue was my favorite color?" I ask, because I really think that was a coincidence.

"Well, your parents might have told us some things." She say smiling. I sit down and finally after 2 minutes of waiting and more talk of my room, Scott comes in.

"Sorry, there was some business. That needed to be taking care of." He said, but I didn't miss the slip up.

"Is everything ok, dad?" Aaron questioned

"Yes, everything's fine. Now let's eat." Scott says scooping up a big pot of noodles.

"After prayers, remember!" Robert says, but it was more like a shout.

"Oh, how could I forget!" Sara says and giggled. "Who would like to say prayers?" She asks

"I will." Chris says and we all bow our heads.

"Dear lord, thank you for this delicious food you have presented to us. Thank you for safely bringing Janetta to us. Amen." Chris says and we all reply an amen before looking up.

By the time I reach for some spaghetti it's half gone, dang these boys are hungry. Finally I get my hands on the pot of noodles and scoop up a heaping pile of them. I pass the pot on to Spencer and receive the meat sauce pot. I pour some on before passing it down. Finally I finish my plate of spaghetti, and some breadsticks, and before I know it I was stuffed.

"Are you alright Janetta?" Sara asks.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just stuffed." I say patting my stomach.

"But that was only round one." Kyle says scooping up another heaping pile of noodles onto his plate.

"Round one?!? There's more!" I say, my eyes almost popping out of my head.

"Oh course there's more!" Dylan says chomping down on a breadstick.

"Well, I'm going to have to decline this time." I say leaning back in my chair and put my hands up in defense.

"Ok, but your going to miss out." Gavin says slurping up noodles.

"I highly doubt it." I say, passing the pot around to Spencer skipping myself.

"Well, if your done. You can come help me with dessert in the kitchen." Sara says grabbing her dishes and heading into the kitchen. I stand up, grab my dishes and head to the kitchen.

"So, what are we making for dessert?" I ask putting dirty dishes into the industrial sized looking dishwasher.

"I'm thinking brownies, what do you think?" She asks looking at me.

"I think brownies are a great idea!" I say closing the dishwasher door.

"Ooh, and do have any chocolate frosting and snickers?" I ask remembering a secret recipe my mom thought me.

"I think we do. They should be in the pantry, over there." Sara says pointing to the pantry as she cracks open two eggs and put them in a big mixing bowl. I walk over to the wooden doors and pull them both open. I look on each shelve starting from the bottom then to the next shelve, then next. I look around and spot chocolate frosting, I look to the next shelve to see 8 snickers bars. Perfect.