Chapter 16: Facetime with the Grandparents

Janetta's POV

I pulled on a pair of sweats and a championship shirt than let my hair stay down so it can dry out faster. I walked over to my desk when the computer screen flashed my grandparents faces asking that they wanted to FaceTime.

Did they even know how too? I ask myself but click the green accept button anyways.

"Oma! Opa! I haven't seen you in forever! I say in German of course (because they only speak German and no English if they can) as their live picture shows on screen.

"Hi little J." Opa replies in German

"Hello Sweetheart!" Oma replies along and puts on her biggest smile.

"How have you been enjoying your stay with the Meyers?" Opa asks before I hear a light knock on the door.

"Come in." I say, in English, and look to the door as Mason enters in a pair of gym shorts and that's it. Showcasing his six pack right in front of my grandparents

"Hey." I say and smile as he enters

"Hey." He replies with a grin before coming over to my desk.

"Who is that attractive young man?" Grandma asks in German and I turn back to them as Mason just looks to us with pure confusion on his face.

"Grandma and Grandpa, meet Mason." I say in German and Mason perks up at the sound of his name.

"Mason, meet my grandparents. Oma and Opa." I say in English gesturing to the computer.

"Hello Mason, is my granddaughter behaving herself well down in Colorado?" Opa asks Mason in her best English.

"Oh no sir, in fact I think she is quite the opposite." He says jokingly and they all laugh while I smile.

"We knew she would always get herself into trouble somehow." Oma says and they all laugh again as I join in, my cheeks burning red.

"It was nice to meet you, Oma and Opa." Mason says and smiles at me before looking at me. "And for you. You need to shape up." He says in a whisper before waving at the computer one last time to my grandparents than leaving the room. Closing the door after he's departure.

"He seems like a nice boy." Oma says, speaking in German again.

"Yes, he is. They all take very good care of me here." I reply and Opa smiles

"That's good to hear little J." He says calling me a nickname that I haven't heard in forever.

"So how is everything in Germany going?"

"Say it properly!" Oma says. Trust me when I say if you say something wrong I. German. My family doesn't think it's cute. They tell you to fix the mistake along with telling the whole thing again.

"How is Duetschland operating?" I say correcting myself

"Sufficient." Oma says shortly and I decide to move on. It's best not to wake the sleeping bear of German politics with my grandparents.

"Very well. What else is new back home?" I ask

"It's been nice here in Oldenburg. Now that summer is coming to an end the tourists are finally dwindling in numbers. Your grandfather can finally take out the boat and go fishing in peace without running into some foreigner."

"That's true. Now I can take the little fisher out for an enjoyable time." Grandpa interrupts before letting Grandma talk again.

"I joined a knitting club just a few weeks ago so don't be to surprised when a large box arrives from Duetschland." She says proudly before continuing. "And the dogs are doing well. Geert was playing in the woods yesterday and was covered with ticks. Luckily we got them all off and gave him a bath to prove it. Carolyn was just frolicking through the flowers and couldn't stop sneezing with all the pollen in her nose." "It was quite funny to see the two opposites and how they play with each other." Grandpa interrupts again as Grandma just sits there in a face of laughter as well, recalling the past events of the dogs behavior.