Chapter 2: Moving On

It's been two weeks since my parents left this world, and let's just say it has been really hard for me. I attended the funeral on Saturday, it was nice and many people paid their respects, but I still broke down again. Luckily many people from my family were by my side to help me through it. Finally after 3 tubs of ice cream, 2 Netflix marathons, and reading inspirational quotes from relatives that sent letters along with running a few miles. My walls are built up again. Although, this extra confidence is helping I still don't want to go to practice, the boys can't see me weak. And coach has totally understood my decision. At least for another week.

I walk down to our mailbox and pull out all of the letters and bills that are crammed in there. I pulled them out when a pink envelope flew out and landed gracefully on the ground. I picked it up and read the address label

Mr. Scott and Sara Meyer
153 Battlefield Lane,
Denver, Colorado 52917

Now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile Myer. Mr and Mrs Myer were my mom and dad's best friends when they were growing up. I've never met them before but mom and dad always used to go see them once or twice a year. I put the letter back in the pile and headed back inside. Once inside I put all of the letters down except the one from the Meyers and sat down on the couch peeling the envelope open.

Dear Janetta Robinson,

I know we haven't formally met but we're the Meyer Family. I have just revived the horrific news about your mother and father passing. For my husband and I send our grievances along. But their is more to this letter than just to send grief. For you are to come live with us, the Meyer Family. This was one last request that your mother did to protect you Janetta. I know this is awkward and you would not like to join us in Denver. However this was one last request by your mother. For I cannot say why this was, but for your knowledge it was to protect you. I will arrive in Virginia on August 7, 2015. I hope to meet you at the airport promptly at 12:00pm sharp. Please pack your bags and meet us. We would love to have someone so special as you come join us.

See you Soon,
Sara and Scott Meyer

I read the letter over again then folded it neatly back up and placed it on the coffee table. I think for a while about how sketchy this sounds but it's was also my mom and dad's last request. I hesitantly stand up and walk into my room. I kneeled down next to my dresser and grabbing clothes, folding them and stuffing them into the suitcases I grabbed out of the hall closet. I called Chloe and told her what I had to do and she came over minutes later with Jason in tow as well. That night we cried, talked, laughed, and packed many boxes of clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, its Tuesday, August 7th and I'm currently sitting on a private jet flying to Denver. How did this happen, well let me explain.

I packed up my stuff and left my house at 11:00 this morning heading to the airport. I arrived to see a very large private jet waiting there and a woman standing along side it. I walked over to the woman, who introduced herself as Mrs. Meyer. We were quickly ushered into the plane and Mrs. Meyer and I started striking up conversations, specifically about football and sports. Which is unusual to talk about with women, but it was nice to comfortably talk about sports and not malls or shopping.

Well that's the conversation we had 5 minutes ago. Now I'm looking aimlessly out the window when a cough interrupts my thinking.

"Ma'm, we will be landing in 3 minutes and the captain has asked if you could buckle up and prepare for landing." A man about 19 years old wearing a polo shirt and jeans says to Mrs. Meyer and she replies a thanks and nods. He bows to Mrs. Meyer and scurries back into the flight deck.

"Well, were almost home sweetheart and let me tell you. It will get crazy at my home. For we aren't you normal family."

"I believe it won't be as bad as my football team, Mrs. Meyer." I say smiling sweetly.

"Oh please honey, call me Sara. Mrs. Meyer is to formal." She says smiling and reaching over to pat my knee.

"Thank you, Sara." I say smiling and empathizing on Sara. She smiles sweetly showing her beautiful white smile. I notice how when she smiles her crystal blue eyes brighten and her brown wavy hair perfectly grams her face. I smile back still in awe of how nice these people are even after I've been through.

I felt a rough bump and realize we have landed in Denver. The plane comes to a screeching halt and then to a smooth taxi to finally a stop in front of a flight of stairs and black cars, what's up with all the black? I shrug it off and the man who told us about landing is back and getting our bags from the overhead compartment.

"Thank you for helping us Chris with our bags." Sara says before gathering her things and heading off the aircraft. I grab my bags and follow her out, when we get to the ground we are escorted to a black Cadillac SUV. Mrs. Meyer hops into the driver seat while I throw my stuff into the back and walk over to the passenger seat.

"May I sit here?" I ask Sara pointing to the passenger seat. She nods, so I plop down onto the tan leather interior captain sized seat and close the door.

"Thanks" I mumble and she floors the gas, surprising me with this rapid motion.

"Oh sorry dear, I'm just so excited for you to meet our boys." She says and slows back down to the speed limit. She drives over to the exit and pays the parking fee to floor the gas yet again out onto the highway.

Finally after 3 more accelerations from Sara, we pulled up into a long driveway. I look at the house and to me it looked more like a mansion! The bricks were a red rust color that contrasted with the black window shutters that lined the house. There were trees that were evenly planted and spaced out. The bushes and flower plants are just ending their summer bloom so the flowers were a dark maroon color. I looked all around at the sight of this beautiful. The house looked huge!! I couldn't believe my eyes!

"Welcome Home, Janetta!" Sara says parking the car and hopping out. I hopped out as well and grabbed my suitcases following Sara up the stairs and into this mansion. That's when I got another surprise.

I walked into this huge house and saw 17, not that bad looking, guys standing there smiling, some grinning.

Oh no.

And yes, if your asking, I did count.

17 BOYS