-17-

I sat down with a huff. 

"The only danger I could be to you is more marines. And I think you already have enough of those. Either way, I'm going to stay just for a little while more. 

His thoughtful expression was replaced by shock. 

"You're leaving, huh.." he mumbled in that deep tone.

I stayed silent. I always was supposed to leave. And I always was a stranger.

But for some reason, this discussion seemed out of place. Both Zoro and I felt that.

But this was an important discussion, and it had to have a conclusion.

I had to make a decision.

"I'll leave tomorrow." I declared.

Obviously, the kenshi had no say in this.

But it hurt when he didn't even try to protest.

I got up to go tell the crew, but a firm hand gripped my own.

"Do you need to leave in such a hurry? It's not like I want you to stay, but it was nice having a friend like you.." He tried to seem natural, but he was clearly forcing himself to say this.

He was trying to make me stay.

Remember, he was the one who brought this up. I can't give in.

I removed his grip, gave him a quick smile through my mask, and started walking.

I informed the crew members one by one, and was met by desperate pleas and even some blackmails to stay. Luffy and Sanji were being... a little too much.

Truth be told, I wanted to stay. But I couldn't.

Because I was someone who was being chased by very powerful people. I didn't even know who they were.

The only reason I wasn't dead was because they didn't straightaway kill me.

When I was caught, they tortured me to spill the names of people who knew me.

It was like they wanted to erase my very existence. And I fucking didn't know why.

So I had to leave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I brought out sake on the deck. I was careful to come out only when everyone was asleep.

So it's time huh..

I had to leave all this behind. Nami, Sanji and even the irritating Luffy, I'll miss all of them.

I was a good drinker. One bottle was nothing for me. But I started to feel drowsy.

The stars were beautiful. Then suddenly, I smelt kenshi.

But I didn't want to face him, so I pretended to be asleep.

His steps grew nearer and nearer, and quietened down when he realized I was asleep (or at least pretending to be.)

He bent in front of me, and for a second I thought he was gonna slit my throat.

But then I felt his warm breath on my face.

That surprised me so much that I almost flinched. Almost.

Shit! What is he trying to do?

 I felt a warm finger on my cheek, trailing my face till my jawline. I stayed still, but it was getting harder and harder to do so.

The kenshi sighed, and got up without doing anything.

I felt his footsteps fading, leaving an empty feeling in my chest.

Just what the hell was that?!

 But then I felt something soft on my body, and realized that the kenshi had brought out a blanket for me. 

He did care for me.

Finally some action!! I wish he would've bent a teeny-tiny bit more 😉❤❤

Love y'all!

-Terrawarrior999