-21-

I was being spared at the moment, so I started looking around the terrifying room.

It's surprising that I'm not traumatized yet.

Someone must have followed me, Suzume must have. I avoided thinking about Thunder altogether.

"Suzume?"

" Here. What to do?"

I relaxed at her reply.

"Just find an opening." With that she flew off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truth be told,  I had only escaped before because that boy had let me. Even I could judge that he wasn't as absent-minded and weak as he pretended to be.

Maybe someone really is forcing him to do this?

There was definitely something fishy there.

I sometimes saw a hint of regret and guilt in his green eyes. His black bangs always hung low, hiding much of his face. I didn't want to admit it. But he seemed like he did not belong here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard a light tap on the only window in the room. I could see Suzume. Sora was there too.

Like the last two times, the man had 'forgotten' to disarm me completely. So I cut the ropes and disappeared down the window.

For the first time, flying didn't seem as bas as it had at first. I started thinking about what I had left behind. I gasped.

Thunder!

"Sora, Thunder is okay right?"

My anxiety grew as Sora didn't answer.

"He's on that ship. I didn't know where else to take him. But it might've been too late."

It's possible I might never meet him again. It's possible he would hate me for what happened.

Without my consent, tears started flowing and wetting my mask. They just wouldn't stop.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the while, on a certain ship, some people and a bird were planning to take revenge on a woman.

 -Terrawarrior999