-29-

The green-eyed executioner was tied to a pole, and one of them had a knife to his neck. He looked battered. This scene confirmed what I had always been speculating. They were definitely not allies.

I poured all my haki into my fifteen arrows.

"Horror Unleash.." 

I whispered and pulled the arrows back together and released them like a shotgun. The arrows were numerous, but each accurately aimed and powerful.

One of the arrows hit the chains of the man and freed him.

All the fifteen arrows found their targets, and soon the scene was one of stillness and blood.

Maybe my new move was more powerful than I thought.

I jumped from the high tree in the direction of the dead bodies, and Sora caught me in mid-air.

With a gentle landing, I finally reached the scenery of slaughter. Remarkably, when I met the eye of the man, I felt myself swell with pride.

He gave me a blank look, and a tear left his eye.

I was taken aback. I didn't know how to handle crying people.

"Man, do you, um, hurt anywhere?"

He gave me a look, and said in a deep voice, "No, I just couldn't  handle the irony. My savior is the one I tortured."

He grimly pushed back his bangs. I wanted to say a lot to him, but I still didn't trust him completely.

Actually, I was surprised to find that I trusted him a bit.

"Tell me, what made you do it? I need the whole story before I can let you go."

He huffed and said, "Well, you don't need to. I have nowhere and no one left now."

He smiled darkly, but continued.

"I had two dire wolves, Luna and Gash. They... killed Luna and took Gash hostage. I just didn't want to lose him. But that doesn't excuse the things I've done. I finally managed to set Gash free yesterday...But I hurt him deeply, I-I somehow had  to convince him to leave. I just thought that since Luna protected me with her life, I should do the same for Gash..."

Silence engulfed us. Only interrupted with the occasional sobs of the man.

I do not know what took over me when I said,

"If you have nowhere to go, then come with me."