-13-

We were sitting side by side in the Crow's nest. 

And for some reason, the crew had to be silent this time, when all day they howled like a circus.

"Um, let's get this over with." I mumbled.

The Kenshi's gaze lied intently on the floor.

"I had a...friend when I was young. Swordswoman." He whispered.

I could sense this was a sensitive topic. To know that he would share something like this with me, I was...happy?

"... I lost her. You remind me of her."

Shit! I only heard the last and the first sentence! And I couldn't possibly ask him to repeat.

"Um, I don't know what to say." I murmured hesitantly.

Zoro turned towards me, but he wasn't really looking at me. His eyes saw his friend. For a moment, I thought his expression would soften.

But suddenly, his jaw clenched, and he returned to reality.

He sighed, and said, "You don't really have to say anything." nonchalantly.

He looked so pitiable, sad, but trying not to show it, that I wanted to hug him till all his sadness was gone. His handsome face looked good with his usual smirk/glare.

And before I knew it, my arms were already around him. He felt solid and strong, and yet I held tightly, because I knew he needed the comfort. He returned I stiff side hug, after which we both let go.

"I'll be your friend." I said without thinking just as he was getting up.

He froze. I froze. We stared at each other.

He blinked twice, before bursting out laughing.

I was starting to turn red.

What an embarrassing thing to say!

He fell back down beside me. Now, he was trying extremely hard to not laugh. 

We made eye contact once again, and being the jerk he is, he laughed loudly again.

"Do I- do I really look that pitiable to you- bwaa-haha!" He managed to get out laughing.

By now, I must have looked like beetroot.

I heard scampering and the door opened to revealed Nami, Robin and the adorable tanuki.

"What the hell, baka-Zoro! Have you finally gone cracked! What happened? ", yelled Nami.

Zoro stopped laughing as I tried to run out.

"It's a secret." he smirked at Nami and went out.

"Our little secret." He whispered in my ear, as he passed by.

I was embarrassed, but most of all, happy that I had been able to make him laugh. I wanted to hug him and make him laugh again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Nami kept standing there, thinking why Zoro was laughing himself bonkers and why Nala looked like a beetroot.

XDXD