-18-

I packed all my stuff, and I was ready to get off on the next island. I knew we were circling around the island because they wanted me to stay longer.

But I didn't really mind he extra time.

I gripped the blanket Zoro had given me the night before. When I asked him whose blanket it was, he said he didn't know.

So he probably wants me to keep it. At least that's what I want to believe.

I went to the crow's nest to say good bye. 

Zoro was training vigorously, and his muscles flexed with effort.

He was tall, so his physique seemed almost unreal.

I coughed, getting his attention. There was something in his eyes that I couldn't see.

Or I was too scared to see it.

"I'm off." I couldn't get anything else out.

Apparently, he didn't have anything to say.

So I left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I entered the girls' quarters, Nami broke down bad. Robin just smiled sadly at the sight.

What the hell I'm doing? Why am I leaving the only friends I have?

I had never known security. And I doubt I'd ever do.

I stopped thinking about myself and consoled Nami, wiping away a tear that had slid down my cheek secretly.

She was a precious friend after all, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

As my feet hit solid ground, I felt a new resolve.

I've got to do this.

They're my friends and I love them. That's precisely why I've gotta go. To protect them.

I noticed a market place around me. But it was no fun alone.

If Nami or Kenshi were with me, I'd check out a few shops.

Would it hurt to have one last day together?

I hurriedly turned back towards the ship.

I'll get one last day!

But the universe was against this, I felt a gun against the back of my head, and before I could move, I felt myself blacking out!

 Fuck it! They're using gas!

 Just before, I complete lost myself, I saw Thunder diving, and then the loud bang of a shotgun.

Fuck this, fuck this, fuck this...

The last thing I thought of was kenshi's face as he asked me to stay.

How do you like this twistttttt!!!!

Buckle up, it's a new arc.

-Terrawarrior999