Chapter 13

"Achoo!"

"Bless you." Petra replied.

Both of Petra and I were cleaning the main hall. I picked up the things around us while Petra swept the floor. I rubbed my nose and sniffed. How come we have to clean... This sucks, the whole damn place is clean as it is. I'll admit, I got very lazy about cleaning ever since I left the Underground City. Selva always cleaned and never really let me help her, even when I asked. So I guess it made my lazy during my 5 years of living with her. I thought we wouldn't have to do this, but I guess he's still the same clean freak Levi.

"Petra?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She said.

"Why the hell are we cleaning, if it's clean as it is? It looks like you guys cleaned yesterday."

She smiled and continued sweeping the floor. I don't see what she's sweeping it's like small particles of dirt. Oh god, microscopic dirty is on the ground...

"Captain Levi makes us clean every Tuesday and Friday, I never completely understood why he makes us clean." She said sweeping.

"Why do you keep saying Captain before his name?" I asked as I bent down to move the rug.

She froze for a bit then turned to face towards me. "I don't know. I have a lot of respect to Cap-- I mean Levi. We both have a strong relationship with each other."

"Oh."

Strong relationship? What does she mean by that?

She smiled. "So, Y/n you got a boyfriend?"

My eyes got wide. "W-what?"

"I'm just asking because a pretty girl like you has to have a boyfriend."

I looked down to rolled the rug more. "I did."

"Did? What happened?"

I gripped the rugs material. Do I even dare to remember that day? "He... He disappeared from me one day."

"What? Like disappeared, ran away from you or disappeared, gone?"

"More like he promise to come back but never did, I guess."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I said.

There was sudden pain in my chest. I remember how I felt a few years back when he didn't come back to me like he said. I cried every night for 2 months, just because how afraid and hurt I was. I just still want to know why he didn't come back. I felt my throat suddenly tighten, like I was about to cry. I wanted to cry even now just thinking about it. I took a deep breath, relaxing myself. I just need to forget, that happened long time ago, it's in the past. I took another deep breath, till I was fully relaxed.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" I asked.

"Me?" She questioned.

I smiled. "Yes you."

She blushed slightly. "Well I wouldn't say boyfriend, we both have strong feelings for each other that's all."

"Oh really? Who do you have strong feelings for? I promise I won't tell."

She smiled and she swept still. "Levi."

I was suddenly shocked. My eyes went wide as I looked at her. Levi? As in our Captain of the Squad, Levi? Humanities Strongest, Levi?

Oh my god!

What?!

I mentally shook my head. "Really? Wow... I-I never knew that." I said averting my eyes away.

She smiled. "Yeah. I know you don't know him very well, and probably think he's a mean guy but he's very nice when you get to know him."

I felt the pain in my chest again. So this is why Levi doesn't talk to me or he didn't even come back to me along ago. He's found another girl. I knew it had to be something like that. He's found a new girl and it's Petra. I looked at her as she swept the floor. Back then when he told me he loved me and he'd come back for me, that was a lie. He probably went off and found Petra here and decided to start a new life with her. As I stared at her, I couldn't help but feel a little jealousy. She is a really beautiful girl, so I'd see why he likes her.

Why do I feel so stupid?

All those moment we had with each other, he just forgotten. All of it was a freaking lie, a false love. I suddenly started thinking of Isabel and Farlan. Where the hell are they? If they were here I would ask them, is this even true? Is it true Levi had moved on and is now having feelings for Petra?

"Hey you okay?" Petra asked, bringing me back from my daze.

I smiled. "Heh, I'm fine."

We heard foot steps and in came Levi walking into the room. He checked around the room before ascending his gaze on Petra and I.

"Nicely done. Better then the new cadets job in the other room." He said.

Petra smiled at his comment and returned sweeping.

I rolled my eyes and turned away.

I'm so heart broken.

I should've know it was all lie...