Chapter 41

"Eren?" I asked.

I looked as the boy in the cell was chained. He looked at me in surprise, I also saw a bit of happiness aswell.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?"

I got closer to the cell. "I came to see if you were alright."

He looked down at his chains and shrugged at it before returning my gaze.

Why were they doing this to him? He's not an animal, he doesn't need to be locked up like this. No one does. It was silent in the room as we looked at each other. I didn't know what to say really. I mean, Eren is a titan for crying out loud! It's hard not to talk about it but I have to know.

"S-so, you're a titan?" I asked.

"Yeah..." He looked down at his chained wrists. "Are you afraid of me now?"

I didn't say anything at all. I really couldn't think right now. Eren is a titan, should I be happy or should I be afraid like he said. But Eren, from the short amount of time I was with him, he doesn't seem to be a bad guy, he was so young as well, he wouldn't hurt anyone. The thing that caught my attention the most was he saved all of us, closing the whole in the wall was brave of him to do, and knowing he can control his titan form at will is a great. So why would I be afraid?

I shook my head. "No I'm not. I'm actually glad you are, I mean, you saved everyone."

He slightly smiled. "Thanks, but the MP doesn't see that way. I've been called a monster so many times, I'm just think what if they're right?" His expression changed from happy to sad.

"Eren..."

We were silent again. I continued to stare at him as he looked down at the chains on his wrists. All I seen was sadness, and fear in his expression it boiled my blood to be thinking what these people did to him.
I kicked the cell bars as hard as I could making a loud thud. This made Eren look up to me in surprise.

"Eren, you are not a monster. You saved so many lives inside the walls, and a lot of us Scouts too. Don't let the MP make you think of yourself as less. They're too blind and stupid to even look with there own eyes. They can't see that your Humanities Last Hope with your titan abilities."

I felt tears form in my eyes.

"You can save so many people Eren. I wish I could, I lost my best friend on our first expedition, I watched her die in front of me. I wish I could've done something but I couldn't. You have something special and you need to use it. I don't want anyone else to go through what I did."

Eren didn't say anything but listen to me. I felt the tears slowly escape my eyes and go down my cheeks. I sniffed and went to my knees.

"I haven't had the chance get to known you but from that short amount of time we had, I know I can trust you. I'm here for you, I won't let anything happen to you, like what happened to my friend. I'm with you every step of the way."

His expression was in total shock, his mouth was slightly open as if he was trying to say something.

I turned my head away and sniffed, wiping my tears.

"Don't cry, Y/n." He said.

I looked at him, "What?..."

"Don't cry, I hate seeing girls cry. You don't need to cry no more, I understand everything you said." He said softly.

I wiped my tears quickly and pulled on a smiled. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I apologize for making you feel that way."

"I don't know how long your going to be in here, but if you need anything just ask."

He nodded, "I'll keep that in mind, thanks Y/n."

"No problem." I smiled. "I'll be coming to visit as much as I can so you don't get lonely."

He let out a soft chuckle, "Okay, that sounds great."

I smiled and turned to leave. "I gotta get back to HQ. I'll see you later, Eren."

"See you later, Y/n."

I waved and left the room, making my way out of the building. I felt a little bit of pride and happiness all of a sudden as I was walking. I smiled at what I accomplished. I didn't mean to cry in front of Eren but I couldn't hold back on the sadness and the anger I was feeling, it reminded me of when I was his age, I was going through a tough time when I lost everything, my parents, Levi, Isabel, Farlan. I remember how empty I felt and how alone I was. Sure I had my lovely grandma Lane there to take care of me, but I wanted the people that made who I am today.

I shook my head from my thoughts. This was 12 years ago, times have changed and all I can do is go with it. I can't let history repeat itself, I just need to keep my faith up.

.

When I made it back to HQ I notice Erwin and Levi walking together making their way to a carriage. They both talked without looking at one another, professionally.

I almost laughed when I seen how much Erwin was taller then Levi. Considering Erwin is 6'2" and Levi is 5'3". But it really didn't matter to me because I was shorter then both of the men, especially Levi.

They both hoped into the carriage and it began making its way. I quickly moved out of the way, and watched as it passed me.

I wonder where they're going?