Chapter 57

I stood at the steps to depth of the world below. Should I really go down there? I remember I said I'd never come back for anything but still... I want to know what it's like down there after all these years. I'll admit I do feel somewhat a little homesick...
I started taking a few steps down and looked back to the sunlight.

I'll be back.

I walked down the stairs to the darkness, going down further and further. When I reached the opening to the city, I was amazed when I saw the lights everywhere. It's been a long time since I've been down here, and still the lights were still so beautiful. The only beauty it had in this place. I began walking down the steps getting to the toll pay. I walked past and noticed how strangely weird they got quiet when I walked past the men. They even kept there gazes away from me as well. I guess from being on the Scouts must have they're kinks to it down here.
I made my way through the alleyways and found my way though the housing to the house where I lived with Levi, Farlan and Isabel. I noticed it had boarding on the door and windows, meaning no one lived there no more. I walked up the steps and to the door.

I was a bit sad knowing it was boarded up when again happy because no one lived in there. I kicked my foot against the wood, then I got the though... Maybe I can break in?
I began kicking the door a few times, harder and harder til it opened, making way for the doorknob. I turn the door knob and opened the door inside.

I looked all around me and noticed the furniture was still here but covered up with a white sheet. I walked over the the table and ripped off te white sheet and looked to the wooden object before me. I suddenly felt this feeling inside me, like sadness.

The image of all of us, Levi, Farlan, Isabel and I came into mind. All of us sitting at this table eating and visiting one another was one of the memories I'll never forget.

I started walking towards the hallway to the bedroom I only knew who's room it was.

Levi's.

I opened the door and looked around the room. I noticed the bed was still here but the sheets were ripped off to the bare bed itself. I made my way towards the bed and stopped at the end, lightly putting my hand on the edge of the bed.
This is where everything happened between Levi and I. Where both of us confessed our love for each other, the night we kissed and talk, even the night we made love to each other. This bed held so many memories and it's just furniture. I crawled onto the bed and laid down onto it. I face towards the ceiling and smiled, this bed is still cushy as ever.

I sat up and looked around the room. This place help so many memories of everything, not jut the room but this house. I just wish I could go back in time and have the live I once had...

I suddenly felt this jolt of sadness corse though my body. I felt tears weld in my eyes, daring to escape. I felt my lip quiver warning me, I'm about to cry. I closed my eyes forcing myself not to do it. But I could do it, I had to cry I needed to, I can't hold it in any longer. A tear went down my cheek and I began to cry. I brought my knees to my chest and covered my face.

I just want the life I had with everyone once again. I just miss everything, I missed my friends, I miss Levi, I miss the happiness I once had.

I laid there to myself and cried.

.

After awhile of crying and sobbing I got up and exited the house. That house was the only place I was happy, the only place I ever felt loved by the people around me. I began walking down the steps and looked over to see a guy with light hair walking down the walk way.

Wait? That's Farlan's friend, Jan.
I felt myself smile, and I hurried up to Jan.

"Jan!" I said running to him.

He turned around and looked at me surprised. "Y/n? Y/n!"

I stopped and smiled brightly at him. "Jan I can't believe it you, I'm happy to see your still here!"

He smiled and put his hands in his hip. "It's great to see you again Y/n, whoa are you in the Scouts?"

I nodded.

"If Farlan with you? Did he come too?" He asked.

"No. Actually when I saw you I was hoping you'd know where Farlan was." I said.

He turn his head sideways confused. "I don't. I remember a few years ago, I was taken to the hospital to get my leg cured. I was told that Farlan, Levi and Isabel had me taken there. I was happy they'd do such a thing for me. When I was released I was told that all three of them went with a guy named Erwin Smith. After that I haven't seen them since, I was surprised that you were here either when I came back."

"Before I left they gave me money and told me to get out of the Underground City and told me it wasn't safe. I was confused on why they wanted me to leave so badly, even Levi himself was worried."

He rubbed his chin. "That's odd really."

I rubbed my arm, revealing the wedding in my left hand. Jan looked at it. "Your engaged?"

I completely forgot I had that on my figure, I just never took it off. "O-oh yeah..."

"Who's the lucky guy? Is it Levi? About time he asked you." He smiled.

"It is... "

"Oh snap! I have to go Y/n, I have to go see a friend but it was nice talking to you again, it really was. Come back to visit again when you can and we'll talk more, okay?" He said.

I nodded. "Totally, I will."

"Okay, see you later." He said jogging away while waving back to me.

I looked down at my hand and looked at the ring around my figure. I still don't know why j still have this on my figure. I mean I know Jet's dead and I'm no longer engaged to him but still I had no sense it taking it off and I completely forgot I still had it on. I sighed and began walking to the toll area. I better get back to see the surface.

As I was walking I couldn't help but think to myself. It was a bit odd when Jan and I were talking, we both were confused on where both Isabel and Farlan went. I only know where Levi is but the other two no idea. Everytime I come to the subject I get interrupted and something else blocks me from knowing what happened to the two.
I have to know where they are, if they left the Scouts to live somewhere else then maybe I can follow with them. But I have to know where they are, I can't take it no more.

I'm finding out where they went when I get back. I have to know where Isabel and Farlan are, this has gone by long enough.

I'll just check with Levi when I get back, he's the only one who knows for sure in where they went. I'm not taking no for an answer either, I will find out.