Chapter 4

*2 1/2 years Later

(Age: 22 edge of becoming 23)

This was it! I'm almost done with training! It was hell on earth but I feel a lot stronger then I use to be when I first came here and I definitely changed as a person. And what's great is I met two of my best friends, Jet and Maria.

I don't know what'd I do without them both? They both were helpful and always by my side every step of the way. The longer I stayed here, the more I got use to training here and now everything feels like a route.

We just finished our training for the day, the sun was just setting and I was outside with Maria as we enjoyed the soft breeze outside.

"Do you miss home Y/n?" Maria asked.

It's been awhile since I thought about home... and to be honest I don't really have a home. My real home was the Underground City with Levi, Farlan and Isabel. I haven't thought about that in a long time. I don't know how to reply to that question Maria asked me, how was I suppose to?

"Not really." I replied.

"Really? Why not?"

I shrugged. "What about you?"

"I do, I miss my papa." She rested her chin on her hand.

I haven't thought about my parents either now that we're talking about it. I tried to avoid the subject as much as possibly because just talking about that time my parents we're taking from me still pained me.

I gave her a weak smile. "I miss mine too."

"What do you miss about your dad?"

I felt a knot form in my throat. What did I miss about my dad? I missed everything, his voice, his hugs especially his presence. "I miss his hugs."

"Me too. I love my mom, but I'm more close to my dad."

I was close to both of them. I love them both. I wonder what'd they think right now about my progression in the trainee camp? Are they proud of me? They'd be happy to see me excel so much in there last 2 years? I just wish to hear them now.

I crossed my arms and looked at the sky as the sun grew closer to setting completely. I wonder if I'll ever fall in love again?

I thought I'd be together forever with Levi but when he left with Isabel and Farlan 7 years ago and never came back. I'm starting to doubt I'd end up with anyone? Not just in general but I don't know if I can be with anyone else if wanted to. I wanted Levi. I don't want anyone else, I rather have him.

He's the first person I ever loved in my life. He was my first kiss, my first love, my first everything. I don't want anyone else besides him. I love the man more then anything. And he promised...

"Well, I'm gonna go lay on my bed, I'll talk to you later, K?" Maria said as she stretch her arms.

"Okay." I replied with a smile.

She returned my smile and began walking back to the cabins.

I turned back to the sky and watched as it completely turned from dusk to night. I remember when I was younger, I always wanted to see the night sky and still to this day, I always found the stars so beautiful.

I sighed and remember the last night I was with my parents, I was talking to my mother.

*Flash Back*

I turned onto my other-side facing my mother who was asleep, with my dad's arm around her waist. I brought gaze upon my dad who was also asleep. He had a calm expression across with his mouth slightly open as he was snuggled into my mom.

I sighed.

To be in love... I wonder what's it's like?

I lightly tugged on my mom's shirt to wake her up.

"Mom?" I said quietly.

She opened her eyes, revealing her (e/c) colored orbs. "Yes?"

"Do you think..." I began growing shy. "Do you think, I'll find someone that loves me as much as dad loves you?"

She cupping my cheek and began lightly stroked my hair. "Oh sweetie, it's a little too early to be thinking about that isn't it?"

"I know... but seeing how much you and dad love each other sometimes makes me think about it."

She smiled, "You're a very beautiful young lady Y/n, of course you'll find someone who'll love you as much as your dad loves me."

She kissed the top of my head. "And whoever it is, will be luckiest man on earth."

I smiled and snuggled closer to her. "Goodnight mom."

"Goodnight sweetheart."

*End Of Flash Back*

Thinking to this day is my mother right? I don't think it'll happen. Knowing my last relationship everything went to hell especially for me. I just want Levi back, that all I ask for in my life now. I don't care if I broke so many bones in my body as long as I got him back.

I gotta stop trying to living in the past, I told myself that when started the camp.

Now that I'm close to graduating it's time to push forward. Sometime soon our final testing will be going on and it'll be time to show my hard work. Few years ago, during my first few weeks here, I learned that the military police was offered to only the top 10 cadets of every trainee class. In order for me to become part of the military police I'd have to graduate in the top 10. That put a little more stress on me as I never knew that so I began to worry. Can I even get into the top 10?