Chapter 46

When we got back to Trost, we quickly headed to the part of the base where the two titans were held.
Hanji quickly got off her horse and ran towards there. She began screaming in agony, like she lost a loved one. All of us quickly followed and notice the two titans bones remain from what's left. There was still titan smoke everywhere, as the remained flesh burned away.

"Sonny! Bean!" Hanji screamed, "How could this happen?! Someone tell me this isn't real!!"

"Someone took out the specimens." Eld said.

"Is this a soldiers work?" Gunther asked.

"Yeah, they haven't spotted out the one responsible yet. They were killed right around dawn I suppose, before they could catch the killer, the bastard cleared out of ODM gear."

"Whoever it was, was quick enough to get past the guards." Gunther said.

"Sonny!!!" Hanji cried out.

I was horrified, never have I seen Hanji so upset about anything. It was definitely something new for me but I hate seeing her this way. I already miss the crazy side of her, which is weird. I felt bad for Hanji, losing the good research that could help us with understanding the Titans are now gone.

"I can't believe this..." Petra said.

"All that research and work gone.." I added.

Petra lowered her head.

The rest of the day went on, they began scouring out for the killer of the titans. starting out with the new cadets coming in then the rest that were around when the Titans were researched on. They searched everyone, no one besides the military police will go without being checked out.

When I was finished getting checked out I noticed it was that time of the day I had to bring Corporal his tea.

I quickly headed to the mess hall and began making the tea. It was a bit smaller then the one at HQ but it still worked like any other kitchen did.
As the water boiled as I grabbed a cup and small plate, followed by finding a tray. Even in this small kitchen it was alittle bit easier to find stuff.

A high pitched speeches was made, notifying me the water was ready. I took it off the wood burning stove and pored the tea mix inside.
I've always wondered why Levi liked tea so much, I guess from when I drank it, its very calming. Its easy to make and heck you can drink it whenever.
As the two mixed I put in a few table spoons of sugar into the tea. I've always done this and never really heard him complain about how it tastes, so I keep making it this way.

Once everything was stirred and ready, I began making my way to Levi's temporary office. Since Trost was invaded and tore apart, HQ was abounded and now we can't use it as are regular base we had to use the Garrison's base for shelter.

When I made it to Levi's office I knocked on the door and as usual we have this small convo though the door. Starting with him saying 'Name and Business.' Followed with me saying, 'Its me, I have your tea.' then he allows me in.

I opened the door and notice Levi looking at a document in a folder.

"Hello Levi." I said makin my way towards him.

"Hello Y/n." He replied.

I set down the tray in the side of his desk, beginning to pour his tea into the cup.

"Another day of filling out paper work?" I asked.

"Not likely, still trying to find out who killed those two titans." He replied.

I put his tea beside him and he grabbed it at the rim and took a drink of it. When I moved I made a few papers come fly off his desk onto the ground.

I sighed. "I got it."

I crouched down and picked up the papers. When picking them up I noticed they were business wise documents. As I rose, I hit the back of my head on the desk, making a loud thud.

"Aaaooooowwww....." I said, rubbing my head, while standing up.

"Watch your head." Levi commented.

"Yeah, yeah." I said putting his papers back on his desk before going back to rubbing the back of my head.

He sighed. "You alright?"

"Ah... Yeah." I smiled slightly. "Is that all you need Corporal?"

"Yes, you are dismissed Cadet." He said before taking a sip of his tea.

I saluted before leaving the room. When I exited I couldn't help but smile slightly. Levi and I are becoming friends again, that all I really wanted, slowly coming back together, just like old times.

When I made it outside of the building someone was yelling my name. "Y/n!!"

I turned around and was nearly trampled by Petra, she jumped in excitement. I put my hands out scared she was going tracker me again like last time.

"Y/n look!" She said putting a paper close to my face.

I grabbed hold of it as I read it.

Basically the Special Operation Squad is invited to go to the Kings castle tomorrow for a party of celebrating a victory for claiming Wall Rose's Trost district again.

Another party, huh?

"A party at the King's castle." I said acting surprised.

"Isn't that exciting!? We never really get invited to attend it's usually the Commanders but finally we get to go." She said hugging the paper.

"Wait so are Levi and the other Squad leaders going?" I asked.

"I hope so, I don't see why not. We don't go on our expedition a few weeks from now."

I nodded and thought to myself. Well it wouldn't hurt to go really... I mean I did have a little fun last time. And maybe I can bring someone like when Erwin brought me.

"You gonna go right?" She asked.

Might as well, get a little bit of space from the Scouts.

I smiled. "Yes."