Chapter 2

103rd Cadet Boot Camp

Today was the day.

I am now an official trainee for the 103rd cadet boot camp. There were many people of different ages here, ages ranging from 12 to maybe 34. There were at least maybe 252 of us here today standing. I hear not all cadets make it far so the class roster will probably drop by graduation day.

But as I was going through uniform fitting I was thinking I know what I want to do after I'm done with the training camp.

There were 3 things I could be going into but the main one I know this is going to be a hard thing to do but I want to join the Military Police.

Not many people like them because how rude a majority of them are but I believe that they have a good life. And I feel like if I'm not doing anything with my life I might as well do something with it. I'm not a fan of knowing what those titans look like outside the walls. So I might as well try to stay away from them as much as possible.

I stood aligned with everyone all around me as we waited for our commanding chief to come out. It's a little unprofessional to be late in front of the new trainees.

"Attention!" The Commander cried.

A lot of the cadets that were slouched and such strained their spines and stood up straight looking forward.

"My name is Keith Shadis and I am the Head Commander of the Trainees Corp!"

Shadis was a tall dark man with a bald head. He had a very dark expression with maybe years of stress dented into him. He stood at the porch of the small shed in front of us before he began walking down the steps and towards us. As he continued to lecture to us. I began to think maybe this was a bad idea, I don't know if I can handle have this guy yell in my face every single day for 3 years.

Come on Y/n you said you need a new life and waiting for the rest of your life isn't going to cut it. Levi isn't coming back! You've waited for 5 years of your life for him, he's not coming back! It's time to grow up!

I remained standing as Shadis continued to yell. This is for yourself Y/n, don't you dare quit after the first day. Like you said, you're from the Underground City you can handle anything they throw at you, and you can do it.

"--And you will grow to hate me!"

I blinked a few times hearing the Commanders loud voice bringing me back to reality.

This is it Y/n. You are a cadet and you will become a MP. It's time to let the past go and begin the next chapter of your life.

Shardis walked past me with a glare he gave almost everyone.

And so it begins.