Chapter 73

WARNING!: Contains spoilers for the Manga you have been warned!!!

----------------------------------------------

As we rode in the cart toward to where the hole in the wall was reported, we all stayed quiet on the journey. I sat on one side along with Eren on my right and Armin on my left. While Mikasa sat on the other side of Eren. I was brushed against Eren kinda tight to fit all of us on the seat. It seemed Eren didn't mind it, but I did see his cheeks to be on the pink side for a moment every time we looked at each other. Hanji, the Wallest Priest and Levi sat on the other side.

Every once in awhile I'd look up to Levi, but to find his gaze not on me. But he'd be looking off somewhere else like he's uninterest. It made me wish we catch gazes, even if was just for a second.

Eren must've seen my sad expression because he lightly poke me with his nose against my cheek.

I turn to him and put on a small smile, telling him I'm okay.

His eyes were studying mine as we stared at each other.

From the corner of my eye, I could see someone with a pair of grey eyes watch us. No, not Mikasa, but Levi.

"To think that rose would suddenly be breached..." Hanji said. "Even if we go to the damaged spot... I can't imagine it going well."

"And why are we taking the wallist priest with us?" I asked.

Hanji got a big smile on her face, and put an arm around the priest, "Oh... Nick and I are buddies! Right?"

All of us looked are her confused.

"For rest of your guys, he knew there were titans inside the walls, but kept it secret till now." Hanji said. "I know why but, it seems he's serious about dying before he'll spill anymore. Still... Their church knows some sort of secret about the walls."

Eren, Mikasa and Armin's eyes widened. "What?"

"Huh?! What the hell?!" Eren got up his spot, but quickly sat back down as he clutched his side and groaned in pain.

I helped Eren sit back.

"Calm down, your still tired from when you transformed." Mikasa said.

Hanji crossed her arms. "We could have asked some other believers but he chose to come with us. Since the situation's different now, he wants to see if can stay true to his principles and keep silent even after seeing how things really are. He says he's going to judge with his own eyes and then he's going to ask himself..."

"Wait, wait but that ridiculous." I said. "If there's something you know, please just tell us."

"How can anything be more important then keeping humanity from being wiped out?" Eren added.

Hanji then looked at Nick. "I wonder... The minister looks like a righteous man of good judgement but the other hand, perhaps there reall is something more important to him then the extinction of humanity."

"Well... I guess he's got some guys." Levi interrupted. "But I wonder about the other believers, hard to imagine those bastards have all for the same kind of will power. There are a lot of ways to ask a question."

I had this ugly feeling corse through me when Levi said that. I have a feeling once we leave that he's gonna do something to the priest. I'd be scared I were him.