Chapter 74

*WARNING: SPOILERS from Manga!*

Ehrmich District

As I was walking with the group, (Hanji, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin) I couldn't help but notice the people we walked past. The district in this region was to evacuate the premise, so the street was filled with people going the opposite direction from us. They all looked terrified, my guess this was the first time really for them to be evacuated from there homes. Eventually we made it into a shelter where we met up with a few scouts.

"Section Commander Hanji." The scouts saluted.

Hanji began informing the few scouts about the plan Hanji and Armin came up with. She read few papers has she giving him the deeds on what's going on.

I followed them as they walked forward.

"Hey." Eren said lightly nudging my shoulder.

I looked towards him in confusion.

"You okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "Heh, I should be asking you that."

"I'm fine." He smiled.

"Here on out is titan territory." Hanji said.

"Alright. Eren, do you think you can ride?" The scout asked.

"Yeah... My strength is coming back." Eren replied.

"Hurry. There's a horse ready for you at the west lift."

Hanji stopped for a moment, which caught the corner of my eye and made me to stop see why she did. The other eventually seen I didn't and looked back to see Hanji still.

"Squad leader, we have to go." The scout said.

"One second Moblit." She relied.

The wallets priest, Nick and Levi both stood at the entrance. Levi kept a distance away from him and he had his arms crossed over his chest. Both Levi and I caught each other's gaze, for a moment we didn't take each other's eyes off each other. I couldn't still sense that... Feeling, I didn't like it. I looked away breaking our eye contact. I just wanted this to end... I can't be like this with him again.

"Have you... Changed your mind?" Hanji asked.

Both the wallets priest and Hanji stared at each other for moment. The whole time it was quiet, not a single word came from each other's mouth.

"THERES NO TIME LEFT!! DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT?!" Hanji cried. "Are you going to talk, or are you going to stay silent? Tell me please!!"

It got quiet again, everyone in the small shelter was now looking at Hanji.

"... The other followers feel the same. They will not change their minds." Nick replied.

"Well thanks a lot! You telling me that is sure a big help!" Hanji was gonna turn away from him but he spoke again.

"It would simply be too big a decision for one man to make. The burden we carry is just to heavy..." Nick then closed his eyes. "As the ages passed we created for ourselves a firm covenant... Entrust the secrets of the walls to a single bloodline."

Hanji turned back to listen more of what Nick had to say.

"We can't speak. However I will tell you the name of the one who can."

"So you'll shove the responsibility onto someone else? Just to protect your church and yourselves?"

"...Yes. We caught up in a conflict in the bloodline three years ago and is hiding under a false name, the child... She knows the secrets of the wall and posses the right to choose to speak it in public. She still had no idea but. I heard that she entered the Survey Corps this year. Hear name is, Christa Lenz."