Chapter 28

(I changed the score last chapter of how man points Kuroko scored, just letting ya'll know, the numbers I chose didn't match up so I fixed it)

Warning: This chapter is a little all over the place. SORRY

Competition

Tip off was just about to start, and I was more than ready to see Kyo at his full potential right now. I'm sure he's faster than before, much like I've become, and he probably has gotten a lot more technical with his passing. He's always been a good shooter and never once has he ever missed a pass, but they weren't straight to where the person was going or was.

Remo stood in the middle of the circle waiting for the refs to become ready and throw the ball so we could start the game and Thomas actually asked me a question. "Why isn't Xzavier guarding me? Like Kyo is just as bad to have as an opponent, but Xzavier and I are usually going against each other."

"Oh," I chuckled, "It's punishment for not eating a healthy meal the other day. Yeah, Kaho isn't going easy on him."

"Kaho, as in your sister?"

I nodded, "She's the trainer for our team, and kind of like a coach. But June is helping us out at times, as well." Thomas nodded confused and went back to his position before tip-off. 

The referees came out onto the court and Remo spoke rudely, "Finally." The ref looked at him with shock and I growled at Remo.

"Remo, nice."

He sighed and nodded. Remo bend down preparing to jump to get the tip-off, however the dude jumping against of him was completely shocked by the height of Remo. "Sorry, man. You aren't winning this ball." Remo said to the guy on Birch Hill. The ref blew the whistle and Remo jumped, the other guy tried at least. Remo made sure to let the ball come down enough where he wouldn't touch it before it reached the peak. He threw the ball to me and I began dribbling up the court. I noticed who was playing against me, "Well hello, captain." I said.

"Tetsuya Kuroko, I thought that name sounded familiar." He spoke. 

My eyebrows went up in surprise, he knew who I was. I studied his face for a second and realized, "Louis Smith," I said.

"So you finally remember."

I chuckled, "I see, so it is you. I still remember the day when you swore to beat the crap out of me. Such a violent kid back then." He glared at me slightly.

"Well I've heard you've lost your basketball skills. I'll beat you to a pulp today."

I laughed, "I did lose them, however I'm stronger than before now." He was confused for a second so I used my misdirection and got past him like a ghost, "Let's start out with the first two points, yeah?" I went up and shot the ball, swiftly going into the hoop.

"And Juba Academy scores the first points!" The announcer yelled. "Quickly getting past senior captain of Birch Hill, Louis Smith, junior captain Tetsuya Kuroko starts this game off with the first points."

I began jogging back to our defending side when I spoke passing the captain, "You won't catch up." 

When our team was ready to defend, we saw that Thomas was taking the ball up. Kyo looked ecstatic when he saw Thomas taking the ball up. Thomas used to drive circles around Kyo with his jump height and speed, however Kyo has always been the fastest person on the team, and it helps when he is even faster than before thanks to my little sister. Thomas decided to take Kyo head on for the first time, however he quickly regretted it.

Thomas looked as if he were about to get by Kyo but Kyo was quick to react. Thomas faked one way and then another, though Kyo was easy to catch up each time, so the only option for Thomas was to pass the ball. However, Kyo's eagle eyes is much more advanced than many others. Thomas was about to pass, but Kyo intercepted the direction the ball was being passed and ran down the court. Though some guy caught up, so Kyo slowed down, took a step back, and shot the ball.

"Woohoo!" Kyo cheered and looked at Xzavier before the ball even went in, "That's three for me." The ball went nicely into the hoop and Xzavier rolled his eyes.

"Only because Suya was being a ball hog."

"Hey!" I shot at Xzavier who looked away annoyed and Remo came up next to us.

"Shut up, all of you. I'll get more points than any of you." 

"Wanna bet?" Xzavier growled at Remo who simply glared back. 

"Guys, can we not fight in the middle of a game?" Mico asked.

"NO!" We all yelled causing Mico to sigh.

As the game went on, we continued to compete for the most point; however after the first quarter, we all seemed to be close in score. Kyo and Xavier both had 6 points, I had 8, Remo had 5, Mico had 5, one was a free throw, and Marquis had 4. 

The total score after the first quarter was: 34-18.

"Maybe we should hold back a little bit," Mico suggested and we all looked at him confused.

"Why?" Marquis was even confused and Mico gave us a look that was as if he was asking if we were stupid.

"We are beating them to a pulp, guys." We all looked at each other as if we did something wrong but didn't know. "Kaho, help me out."

"To be honest," my little sister began, "I have no idea what you are talking about." Mico's mouth dropped to the floor. "I mean, look, you guys train hard every day and yeah, it feels terrible when beating a team by 16 points, but that's only 8 baskets they can get, Mico. All of you are doing well, I've been changing up the rotations nad line up with you guys to see who goes well together but it all is fine."

Mico sighed and looked at us all. "Ya'll are crazy. Okay then," he said letting loose, "I'm going to win this competition of points." We all smirked and looked around.

"Bring it."

"Who's in the lead?" Marquis asked Kaho but Remo answered instead.

"It's Tetsuya, idiot. Have you not been keeping track in your head?"

Marquis eyes widened, "You guys have?" We all nodded and he groaned. "Damnit, I'm so far behind you guys."

"Marquis, you have a total of 4 right now, to be in dead last." We all chuckled as Marquis kept bothering Kaho. He has taken many shots, however they haven't all gone in. 

We walked back on the court for the second half and Xzavier walked up to me with puppy eyes. What does he want now?

"Can I please mark Thomas now? Please?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "When there are 7 minutes on the clock you can."

"Three whole minute I have to wait! Ugh!" Xzavier groaned and walked back over to his position. Louis walked over to me to guard me, considering we have possession. 

"We aren't loosing badly," he simply said, "Besides, I haven't even gone all out." He growled at me. It was a little weird.

"Well good luck to you then, I'll go all out when I need to."  

Before Louis could respond, we began to play. Thomas only scored on Kyo three times. One was a three point because he jumped higher than Kyo expected, but he got by Kyo due a screen Kyo couldn't get around because of how big the dude was, and Thomas seemed to get faster at one point. However, Kyo has been on his game ever since then. Louis got past me once, and misse all his threes. 

Mico was having a tough time with the other large dude on Birch Hill, but he could still score well. Marquis was subbed in soon enough to give Mico a break, but he was having quite a bit of toruble keeping that guy in line.

 Though, when three minutes passed, Xzavier finally got what he was waiting for.