Chapter 14

There is a big time skip close to 1500 words. I do want this to be a pretty link story but not super ling where I'd write all about those months. Please enjoy.

One little call

Kyo and I smiled at each other. This has to be one of the few times I smiled genuinely at him. Though I smiled a lot during games and practice, not many times did I enjoy smiling at seeing someone. Unless it was June or my family. June's one of my best friends after all.

"Uh, what's going on?" The tall dude next to me asked us.

"Oh, right," Kyo began speaking, "Blue, this is Mico Jones." He implies that the tall dude standing next to me was Mico. "Mico is a good friend of mine, best friend actually, and he's not to bad at basketball."

I rose an eyebrow and looked at the kid, who also happened to be my age. "Basketball, huh? You got the height, now all you need is the training." He looked utterly confused.

"I know, a lot of ball handling and speed drill will work. We should get Kaho down here soon," Kyo requested as we both were thinking the same thing.

"That's true, him and Marquis could do some of the same drills. However, Kaho would give them homework." I told him and Kyo nodded understanding what I was saying.

"Right right. She is like that. Maybe just for certain days of training she can give everyone a guideline," Kyo said giving me an idea of what to ask of Kaho.

"That is true."

"Okay!" Mico yelled over us. "What is going on?"

Kyo and I looked at each other before turning towards Mico in synch. He looked taken back and creeped out by us. Kyo was smiling his head off and I kept a straight face. "Welcome to the team, Mico Jones," I said.

"Yay! You made it," Kyo cheered hugging his taller friend.

After Kyo let go, Mico continued to stand there frozen in place. I rose an eyebrow confused because no matter what Kyo tried he wouldn't unfreeze. "I'm what?"

"On the team." I stated again.

"What team?" He asked.

Kyo laufhed, "Our basketball team, silly! You were approved, mostly by me but Tetsuya decides." Kyo's explanation made Mico confused, happy, and weary for some reason. "Oh," Kyo began, "Be right back. Bathroom break!"

Kyo ran off and I walked towards the bleachers on the first level, I heard steps behind me. "Can I help you?" When I turned around, Mico was frozen in place. "Frozen in place won't get you anywhere."

"Right, Uh, what did Kyo mean by you choose the teammates?" He asked curiously.

"Exactly that, I give the okay for teammates to join," I explained.

"So, if I asked to be on the team without knowing Kyo, would you still say I'd be on the team because of my height?" He sounded cocky, just a bit. And that doesn't sit well.

"No, you'd have to pass the entrance exam that my sister would do," I told him placing my bag down and sitting in a seat to change my shoes. Mico was again frozen and confused.

"So, how do you know Kyo?"

I snickered. "He hasn't told you about me?"

"Well I don't exactly know who you are, either," Mico said.

Fair.

"Tetsuya Kuroko." I put simply while tying one shoe. "And I met Kyo in 5th grade when he moved here. His family moved around a lot but they decided to stay in New York because of his father's job. I know him well because we've been playing basketball together, on and off, for about 7 years now. Though I literally and figuratively disappeared for three years before communicating with anyone from home."