Chapter 18

Who I Really Am

Xavier and I lay over the counter with a satisfied feeling in our stomachs. "That," I began, "was the best food ever."

"You can say that again," Xavier said completely happy.

I heard two chuckles, "You guys sure enjoyed that, huh?"

"Yeah," I breathed.

"So, about the game?" Nebuya began and I sat up instantly and began walking towards the door. Xzavier followed suit.

"Let's go then. Sooner we leave, the sooner we get there." I smiled with my hands stuffed in my pockets. Xzavier walked beside me with one hand spinning a basketball on his finger and the other stuffed in his pocket.

"Sure," Mibuchi said walked towards us in order to lead the way. Nebuya joined a few scones later after putting away stuff and grabbing some bag of his. I saw he was wearing some street shoes.

"Nice," Xzavier said complimenting Nebuya's shoes. Nebuya looked at where Xzavier was looking and realized what he said and looked at Xzavier's shoes. They had the same shoes on. Nebuya and Xzavier began laughing as Nebuya threw and arm around Xzavier's neck. They walked ahead and continued laughing like they were old friends. They can't even understand each other.

"Weirdos," Mibuchi said.

"Tell me about it."

Half an hour later while Nebuya was teaching Xzavier something and Xzavier teaching Nebuya, we arrived at the courts Mibuchi led us too. "Alright, what'll we play to?" Nebuya asked stretching.

I looked over at Xzavier and it's like he read my mind. "Tell then we should play to 21. 3's are 1's."

"Xzavier said we should play to 21 but threes counts as one." I explained and they both look at each other before nodding.

"Sounds good, we'll start," Nebuya said proudly.

I chuckled and told Xzavier who pouts. "I wanted to start."

"Just steal the ball, dude," I reminded him.

"Oh right!" Xzavier is a complete idiot sometimes.

"You guys coming or what?" Nebuya shouted as the two are already on the court. Xzavier and I rushed out to the court. "We'll go half."

I nodded forgetting to tell Xzavier but he'd figure it out soon enough. I was guarding Nebuya while Xzavier guarding Mibuchi. Xzavier looked bored due to the fact Mibuchi didn't have the ball. We checked and the game began. I was actually keeping the pressure on Nebuya who was utterly confused and decided to pass to Mibuchi who was even more confused. I looked at Xzavier with an "are you happy now?" Look and he smiled greatly at me.

"Thanks, Suya." Xzavier breathed in and out until his stance was mutual and calm. He looked unbothered by anything around him and ready to pounce at any sudden movement. He was an actual animal. Mibuchi didn't seem to affected right away, but when he began to dribble was his first mistake. I saw his hand begin to move to where he'd start dribbling and I rushed to the basket confusing Nebuya.

With one swift movement, before the ball touched the ground, Xzavier had the ball just as it left Mibuchi's hands.

I was already waiting at the basket when the ball was thrown to me and I made a layup.

"What?" Mibuchi muttered to himself.

Xzavier tch'd, "Too slow." Minuchi didn't seem to understand but he knew it wasn't nice making him pissed off slightly.