Five Years Old

Axle's POV

After the Battle of Endor, Ahsoka and I came back to Lothal. Everyone was so happy to see us again. Rex and Chase couldn't believe it. They were overjoyed. When everyone caught a glimpse of Ashla, their hearts melted. "About damn time." Brake joked making us all laugh. I held Ashla in my arms. She seemed to recognize the two clones and started laughing, "Unky Rex. Unky Chase." It was so adorable. It is true. Rex and Chase have been like brothers to Ahsoka and I. They deserve to be called Ashla's uncles. If only Anakin were here. Just imagine the look on his face if he ever saw Ahsoka and I holding Ashla in front of him. I think he would cry tears of joy. His little Padawans are now all grown up and have a family on their own. Ashla would look through old holo-pics of our friends. She would point out Anakin and Padme as her grandparents. In many ways that was true. She called Master Windu Cranky Pop Pop. She called Jax, Kalir, and Quin as her family friends. She would call Kaleb as another one of her uncles. And Barriss as her Aunt along with Hera and Bo Katan. Ezra, Sabine, Jason, and Zeb are like her cousins. It's been five years since her birth and I enjoyed every second of it.

Ahsoka's POV

I'd never thought I would ever hold a child of my own. Ashla's fifth birthday is coming up shortly and I want it to be big. It might be the first birthday she will remember. We were getting everything ready for the party tomorrow. Axle and I understand that being the most powerful beings in the galaxy doesn't mean you have to live like a mysterious legend. We are legends, but we also have lives. We have a family. Just like the party we had after our marriage. We don't always have to live in a warzone. We are peacekeepers and there is no better way of keeping peace then celebrating the birth of a loved one.

I walked over to Hera, "I just can't believe I'm a mother now. It feels like yesterday I was sixteen." Hera smiled, "I know the feeling. I'm so happy for you and Axle. I even heard that Axle delivered the baby himself." I laughed, "Yes he did. I could tell by the look on his face that he had little to no idea what he was doing, but he was right there for me keeping me calm." Hera laughed with me. AP-5 walked over to us, "By my calculations the birth of child should have been quick and painless. I do not understand why pain was involved." Hera rolled her eyes, "That might be because the Empire never had proper child birth." I gave the droid a sarcastic smile, "Until you shove your own coffee table out of your vagina, you are not allowed to speak to me about Ashla's birth." AP-5 grunted and walked away as Chopper laughed at him.

Bo Katan arrived with her Night Owls. She removed her helmet, "It feels like yesterday that you both helped liberate Mandalore from Maul. Now you have a child." I laughed with her. Ashla ran over to us, "AUNTY BO!!! AUNTY BO!!!" Bo Katan knelt down to give her a hug, "Good to see you too kid." Axle walked over to us, "Well well well look who decided to drop in." Bo laughed and gave Axle a hug, "Glad you're not dead." Jason ran over to Hera, "Mommy, can Ashla and I go play in the fields?" "If it's ok with Ashla's parents." Hera replied. "Can I? Please?" Ashla pleaded. Ahsoka and I laughed, "Go ahead." Jason and Ashla both cheered and ran off into the grass. Axle turned to our loth wolves in the distance. I could tell what he was saying to them telepathically, "Keep an eye on them please." The grey and white loth wolves howled in response and walked over to the two children.

Ever since we've achieved Mastery over our Wolves of the Force spirits, we can now communicate with our living wolf spirits. The loth wolves that helped Ezra were the spirits of Axle and me. The force works in mysterious ways. Sometimes it even gives me a headache to think about.

...............................................................................................................................................................

Axle's POV

That night, Ahsoka and I slept soundly in bed with Ashla in her small bed next to ours. I wish our old friends were here to see this. I wish everyone that we've lost could still be here to see Ashla. Master Windu would be cranky as ever because he sometimes couldn't stand one of me. Now, I have a daughter with the same traits as me. He'd go crazy with that. Master Skywalker would love Ashla so much that he would visit every weekend. I've also heard of Anakin having his own offspring. I heard of the name Luke Skywalker. I guess that makes me his uncle and Ahsoka his aunt. I heard that Luke helped kill the Emperor. I'm still confused on how Luke was not The Black Wolf. It makes more sense that way, but the force has got to do something confusing. As always.

................................................................................................................................................................

In the morning, I sat up in bed. Ahsoka slowly opened her eyes, "At least the sex doesn't change after having a baby." We both giggled and kissed. I looked over to Ashla who was still sleeping. I got up and walked over to her. I placed my hand on her forehead, "Honey, wake up." She slowly blinked, "Yes daddy." I smiled, "Guess what day it is." She jumped up, "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!" She ran to grab her clothes. Ahsoka looked at me laughing. "I think I just went deaf. She screamed so loud." I whispered. Ahsoka laughed some more and got out of bed.

We walked outside. Everyone was already there, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLA!" I smiled and wrapped my arm around Ahsoka. Ashla ran around room giving hugs and kisses to everyone, then went to go join her friends. Bo Katan walked over to us, "So, how goes her force training?" I looked to Ahsoka, then back to her, "Well we want to give her a more normal life. Ahsoka and I had little choice and started training at three years old. We're teaching her how to control the power, but we're not pressuring her like the Jedi order did to us." She smiled, "Smart idea. Now I don't have to worry about you turning her into a force wielding maniac. " Ahsoka and I looked at each other and laughed, "We remember that line."

The party was hyped up and Ashla played around with other kids. I took a moment to walk out into the field. There was something changing in the force. I heard wolves calling out. I closed my eyes and focused on the call. I opened my eyes to see the white and grey loth wolves a few feet away from me, "What is it?" I sensed what they were thinking. The time has come for us to find The Black Wolf. The timeline has been completely fixed. Ahsoka and I must find Ezra to reunite the Wolves of the Force. I turned around to see Ahsoka behind me. She nodded, "We promised we'd find him. It's time." I nodded back, "We leave tomorrow."