World Between Worlds

Ezra's POV

I ran through the portal with the Imperials hot on my tail. I emerged in a...well I can't really explain it. I stood in the middle of space. The stars glowed in the darkest times. There were other portals and voices could be heard in the distance. I recognized some, but others I didn't. A little tweet echoed in the distance. I turned to see a small owl standing on top of the portals, "Hey, I know you from somewhere." The owl looked down at me with a curious face. I nodded, "Yea, whenever Axle or Ahsoka was around, you were there. What am I doing here?" The owl looked below to the portal as it began to show something. Vader, Axle, and Ahsoka all stood there with lightsabers drawn. "Ahsoka? Axle? No. Not again." I watched as I was force pushed back and the temple walls closed. I could hear them. "For Anakin." Axle whispered. Ahsoka nodded, "For Anakin." All three of them battled hard. Axle and Ahsoka looked like they didn't want to be the ones who win. They were just trying to keep Vader at bay. The owl tweeted again. "What? What can I do?" I looked back to the fighting. I could feel tears develop. Axle and Ahsoka were both pushed back. They force pushed Vader into a wall. The fire and destruction surrounded them. They stood on their knees and brought each other into a hug. The temple structures finally collapsed. Axle and Ahsoka brought each other in for a kiss and closed their eyes. Without thinking, I quickly reached into the portal and grabbed both their arms, "NOT THIS TIME!!!" I pulled them through as the implosion finally erupted. All three of us fell hard on the ground.

Axle's POV

I got on my hands and shook my head. A voice echoed in the distance, "I would never let anyone hurt you, never." I turned to see Ahsoka on the ground beside me. I went over to help her up. 'What just happened?" She groaned. I looked around, "We died." Ahsoka looked at the World between Worlds, "What do you mean? Where are we?" I heard a voice behind us, "Axle? Ahsoka? You're...you're alive?" We turned to face Ezra. He looked taller and his hair was cut. I rubbed my eyes, "Yup, we died." Ahsoka put her hand on my shoulder, "How is it you know almost everything everywhere we go?" I shrugged, "Because apparently I'm the one who has to figure all this stuff out first." Ezra rolled his eyes, "Of course Axle would know about this place. I mean literally everywhere we go I get so amazed at a place and Axle says that he's seen it before." Ahsoka and I both laughed. Ahsoka looked, "Morai? You're here?" "Morai?" Ezra questioned. I held up my arm as the owl flew down to land, "She's an old friend. We owe her our lives." Ahsoka and I both brushed her soft feathers. "So, how long were we gone? And where's Kanan?" Ezra looked down, "You've missed a lot." 

He explained to us of how everyone spent the last three years mourning our loss and how the Rebellion has been growing, but so has the Empire's grip on Lothal. Ahsoka and I took the information with much concern. "How come Kanan isn't here?" I asked. Ezra turned away trying to hide his face. I started getting nervous, "Ezra, where is Kaleb?" He finally turned to face us. His face was a mess, "He's...He's dead." "Wha...Wha...What do you mean? What happened?" I stuttered. This couldn't be true. 

Behind Ezra, another portal illuminated. I saw Kaleb running toward an explosion. He force pushed the rest of the Ghost crew out of the reach of the flames. I was taking longer breaths and my heart pounded. Kaleb finally gave in and used the rest of his strength to push the others to safety. Kaleb was then consumed by the flames. I tried to jump through the portal, but it was too late, "KALEB!!!" The portal then went black. I could hear Ahsoka in shock. She placed her hand to cover her mouth, "Kaleb. No. That can't be true." I fell to my knees, "I wasn't there for him. That should have been me." Ahsoka brought me into a deep hug, "There was nothing you could do. He made his choice to sacrifice himself." I looked down and nodded, "So that's it. We are the last of the original group. All of our friends are gone." Ezra tried to keep his tears in, "There has to be something we can do." I looked at the portal Kaleb died in, then to the one Ahsoka and I came out of, "No. You can't save your Master. And we can't save ours." Ahsoka had small tears falling from her face. 

It took a long while before Ahsoka and I could calm down. So much has happened and we didn't even get to say goodbye to our best friend. Ahsoka looked into my eyes, "What about Barriss? Do you know what happened to her?" I looked around, "After she saved me from Jax, Barriss left the planet with his body. She could still be alive." 

The three of us walked through the World between Worlds. "I can't believe you're alive. Everyone will be so happy to see you." Ahsoka and I looked at each other, "We can't come back with you." Ezra turned to face us, "What do you mean?" Ahsoka looked into my eyes. I know what she was thinking. I turned back towards Ezra, "In your true timeline, Ahsoka and I died in the explosion. Now that we're alive, many things will change. We need to stay out of the way until the time is right." Ezra paused, "There is one thing Kanan told me. He said that it was a true connection to the two of you. He said that he was The Black Wolf. What does that mean?" Ahsoka and I looked at each other. I brushed my chin, "So Kaleb was The Black Wolf all along." Ahsoka stuttered, "After years of searching and he was right in front of us the whole time." "Will someone please tell me what all this means?" Ezra asked. "The Wolves of the Force. They are the total embodiment of the true form of the force. They are destined to be the most powerful beings in the galaxy even more powerful than the Emperor. The Grey Wolf, The White Wolf, and The Black Wolf. Ahsoka is The White Wolf. I am The Grey Wolf. So if Kanan was The Black Wolf, wait, after Kanan died did you see a vision of the three wolves?" Ezra looked surprised, "Yes I did. I saw a white wolf and a grey wolf behind me and a very large black wolf in front of me. The black wolf said his name was Dume." I nodded, "When Ahsoka and I died, we became Loth Wolves. They are heavily connected to the force. When Kanan died, he also became a Loth Wolf, but he came to you in a vision. Kanan gave his Black Wolf title and potential to you through that vision." "What does that mean?" Ezra asked. I smiled, "It means you are the new Black Wolf." 

"Ezra, there is something Kanan asked me to do before we landed on Malachor." Ezra looked at me, "What is it?" I ignited my green blade, "Kneel." Ezra did as ordered. "You have learned everything you could from the level of Padawan. Kanan Jarrus has taught you well." I said. I lowered my blade to Ezra's left and right shoulder, then above his head, "By the right of your Master. By the will of the force. Ezra Bridger. You may rise." Ezra stood up and smiled. Ahsoka grinned, "Kanan would be proud of you. Welcome to the Wolves of the Force, Jedi Knight."

A cackling laughter echoed through the World between Worlds. We all turned to see the Emperor in one of the portals, "Ahsoka Tano, Axle Tinguard, and Ezra Bridger. All three of the Wolves of the Force are now, mine." "RUN!!!" I yelled. We took off running as fast as we could. The Emperor unleashed some sort of blue force fire. It was too fast for the three of us. "STAY BEHIND ME!!!" I yelled and outstretched my hands to counter the fire with a large force push. The Emperor laugh even more and sent a much larger wave of fire. I channeled both the dark and light in my hands and unleashed a Kamikaze blast. The power completely broke the Emperor's fire and knocked him off his feet from the other side of the portal. "Axle, we need to go." Ahsoka said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and we kept running away. 

"Once you two fix the past, come and find me." Ezra yelled. Ahsoka and I nodded, "We will. We promise." After that, Ahsoka and I turned to another force bridge as the fire kept following us. I saw Ezra jump through a portal to safety. I grabbed Ahsoka's hand and we both jumped through our own portal, escaping the blue flames. 

Ahsoka and I stood up and looked around at the destruction of the temple. We were back in the past. "May the force be with you Ezra Bridger."