Victory and Death

3RD Person

Axle, Ahsoka, Rex and the droids are trapped in the medical room with clones slowly breaching the doors. "How are we gonna get out of here?" Rex asked, putting on his helmet.

Axle was sitting down hiding his face in his knees. Ahsoka bent down and put her hand on his shoulder, "Axle.....Are you ok?" Axle slowly looked up at her, tears streaming down his face, "I failed. I failed everyone. You, Rex, Anakin. Even the entire Republic. The very people I called brothers are hunting us down by orders of Palpatine. And I was too late to stop it. I'm going to die knowing I let you down." He turned away from her. "Axle....you will never let me down. You protect me and I protect you. Whatever happens, we face it together." Ahsoka said as he stood up, "Together." he repeated.

She then turned toward the door, "I have an idea." "Which is?" Rex said, pulling out his pistols, "Just set those things to stun. We're not trying to kill anyone." Ahsoka finished. "Well tell that to them." Rex says switching his pistols to non-lethal.

The doors were almost breached. "They're almost through." Rex panicked, aiming at the doors. "Wait." Ahsoka responds. "On your mark." Axle says standing next to her. Ahsoka kept looking at the door, "Wait..........Now!"

Axle and Ahsoka force pushed the door making it fly forward. They ran out and incapacitated the clones. More soon came in. Axle and Ahsoka did their best with blocking. "R7, find us a way out of here." Ahsoka ordered the droid. R7 closed all the blast doors until one exit was left.

They defeated the rest of the troopers and ran down the hall. "The escape pods are destroyed. Taking a shuttle is our best bet." Ahsoka explains. "Guess the boys are having a rough time. Did you hear Maul also escaped?" Rex asked. Ahsoka continued, "He didn't escape, I let him out." Rex was shocked, "What? Why?" "Don't ask me. She was the one that made the decision." Axle responded. "He's a diversion." Ahsoka explained as they continued down the hall.

...........................................................................................................................

A sudden jolt forced the trio to fall over. "Um, I take it that was bad." Axle said getting up. "I don't like the sound of that." Rex answered as they reached the hangar control room. They opened the door and ran in. Rex stunned the officers present. "The hangar bay doors are sealed. They've got everything locked down. If they weren't trying to kill us, I'd be proud." Rex reported. Axle started to push buttons, "There's not many fighters available, so if we do escape, they can't pursue us with a full force. The shuttle is still there." Ahsoka turned to R7, "R7, start unlocking the doors on bay 12." The droid replied and hacked into the controls.

One of the droids reported. Rex was confused, "What do you mean the hyperdrive is offline?" The droid explained as the group was in complete surprise. "Destroyed...It's completely gone?" Rex answered. "Good thing we'll be off this ship soon so we don't have to worry about it." Axle said. A screen then showed up, "We're caught in that moon's gravitational field." Rex informed. "R7, open the main hangar doors." Ahsoka ordered. The big red doors opened. The moon was right there. They were on a crash course. "We need to get out of here." Ahsoka said, holding Axle's hand.

R7 opened the fighter doors, but Jesse along with most of the 332nd company emerged and ran up to the middle of the fighter runway. "They were waiting for us." Rex started, "So what do we do? Fight our way to the shuttle?" "There's too many." Ahsoka said. "I don't want to hurt them." Axle said as he planted a hand on the wall. "I hate to tell you this, but they don't care. This ship is going down, and those soldiers, my brothers...are willing to die and take you and me along with them." Axle looked at his old friend. He could sense his sadness. Ahsoka looked up at the clone commander. She removed his helmet revealing tears all over his face. "They may be willing to die, but I'm not the one who is going to kill them." Ahsoka ensured her friend. "I promise you that." Axle said, putting his hand on Rex's shoulder. "You're a good soldier Rex. and so is everyone else of those men down there." Ahsoka said. Then they all looked at each other in a circle and brought each other into a hug. "So, we're just going to surrender? Admit defeat? Is that it?" Rex asked. "No." Axle said. He smiled at his two lifelong friends. "Well I don't see any other option." Rex said, grabbing his helmet. Ahsoka looked out the windows looking at the other clones. She looked over to Axle who put his arm around her. She did the same as they looked down at their friends. "I have an idea." Ahsoka says looking at Rex who had a questionable look on his face. "Don't worry, it's a good one. I think." Axle smirked at her, "We've fought by each other's side for so long. Let's do it one more time."