A Test of Strength

3RD Person

After completing the Gathering, Axle, Ahsoka and the Younglings head back to Coruscant. Ahsoka introduces the younglings to architect and lightsaber designer Juang. They just stood back and watched remembering their first time meeting him.

After they got their material's, the younglings began their work creating their lightsabers. Axle and Ahsoka walked around the room helping the young Jedi.

All of a sudden, the ship started to rock and loud metal piercing sounds outside the ship could be heard. "Stay here, we'll find out what's going on." Axle instructed as he and Ahsoka ran to the bridge. "R2, what's going on?" Ahsoka asked the Astromech. *Beep* *Beep* the droid responded. A ship could be seen outside as they fired grappling hooks onto the ship. "Oh no." Ahsoka said in disappointment. "Not good." Axle added. "They're aiming for the hyperdrive, get us out of here." Ahsoka told R2. R2 boosted the power to the engines attempting to get away. One of the missiles hit the hyperdrive and the ship lost power. The two left the bridge and ran to check on the younglings.

Pirates started to board the ship Ahsoka and Axle quickly hid from them and ran back to the younglings. They saw them walking down a hallway. "Younglings! Younglings!" Ahsoka shouted. "Who's attacking the ship?" One of them asked. "Pirates." Ahsoka answered. "PIRATES?! They'll kill us all." All the younglings shouted at once. "They'll try." Axle said. Juang suggested, "Perhaps we should hide in the ventilation shaft." "Follow me." Axle ordered as he picked up the metal plating and jumped in followed by Ahsoka. "Hiding is for cowards. We should stand and fight." Petro suggested. Axle answered, "Oh, we're gonna fight." "Just not the way they expect." Ahsoka finished his sentence. They closed the shaft right before the pirate's walked over them. After they left, the younglings started to panic. "What are we going to do?" "We must stay strong, young Jedi. Ganodi and Zat, I need you to get to the cockpit with R2 and secure it. The rest of you, get to the hold and seal yourselves inside. Wait for my Command." Ahsoka instructed. "What are you two going to do?" Petro asked. "I'm going to revert the ship's engines to give us enough power to break away from the pirate ship. Axle..." He knew what she was going to ask him, "Don't worry I'll get the pirates attention. Younglings DO NOT do what I'm about to do understand?" "Yes Padawan Tinguard." Petro sighed. "What about the pirates already onboard the ship?" Katudy asked. "Once the docking tube is ruptured, when the ships pull apart it will create a vacuum which will suck the pirates off the ship and into space." "Will we be sucked into space?" Ganodi said worriedly. "No. The cockpit and the hold will be sealed and still have air." Ahsoka explained. "Do not and I mean DO NOT engage the pirates. That's my job." Axle warned them. "Your only job is to stay hidden. Do you understand?" Ahsoka asked. All the younglings nodded. "Now go." Ahsoka ordered as the younglings did as instructed. Ahsoka looked at Axle. "Good luck." She said to him. "Hey as long as you don't seal the doors before I make it in, I'll be fine." He said smirking. Ahsoka turned around and crawled to the reactor room. Axle lifted the metal floor and crawled out. "Guess relaxation time is over." He whispered to himself. 

He snuck over to the corner of a hallway and peaked over to the left turn. He saw pirates all over the place. Axle stepped out and yelled. "HEY!!! HOW YOU DOIN!!!" The pirates turned around, "GET HIM!!!" Axle turned and ran dogging blaster fire and blocking with his split-saber. The younglings who were still in the vents saw as Axle drew the pirates away. "Wow. He's cooler than I thought." Petro whispered as they crawled toward the hold.

After Ahsoka checked in with Ganodi and Zat, she patched in Axle with her commlink. "Axle are you ok? Are The pirates following you?" Ahsoka asked. "Yea...I think I'm their most wanted now. Did the others reach the hold? I'm getting tired and running out of hallways." Axle answered out of breath. Ganodi and Zat responded, " No they haven't checked in." "Great. I know what that means." Ahsoka sighed. "Ahsoka circle the ship and find them. I'll do the same. Maybe we can find them before they're killed. WOW!!!" A blaster bolt nearly hit his face, "If I'm not killed first." "I'm on it. Ganodi and Zat, stay in the cockpit and wait for our signal." Ahsoka responded then ended the call.

................................................................................................................................................................

Axle and Ahsoka meet up in the hallway next to the hold and ran to protect the younglings. "Hondo, Still picking a fight with Jedi? Bad choice." Axle said to him. "The Jedi Council will not take kindly to this attack." Ahsoka explained. "Ahsoka, Axle. How would they know who is responsible, if there is no one left to tell the tale?" "You seem less hospitable than our last meeting." Ahsoka questioned. "Yea and I would've blasted you out of the sky if Ahsoka didn't contact me." Axle jokes. "My mood is based on profit. And today, I am in the mood for crystals." Hondo explains. "You want the crystals?" Ahsoka asked. "Then come and get them." Axle said as the two Padawans ignited their sabers. "Wow four sabers against one man. Seems a little unfair. But when do I care." Hondo taunted as he ignited his electro staff. 

The younglings hurried into the hold. Axle and Ahsoka kept Hondo at bay with ease as they kept pushing him back toward the docking tube. "You know...If I knew you two were here...I would have simply asked for the crystals directly and we could have avoided All of this." Hondo said jokingly. "I don't wanna hurt you Hondo." Ahsoka says. "And I appreciate that." Hondo smiled. "Well I do, but I feel my mood is so changeable these days." Axle jokes. "Ahsoka, Axle come in, they made it to the hold." Zat said through the commlink. "THEN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!" Axle yelled. "But what about you?" Zat said worriedly. "DO IT!!!" Ahsoka ordered. Zat accelerated the ship and it started to break away from the pirate ship. The vacuum started to suck the pirates off the ship, but also slowly pulled the two Padawans too. "What are you doing?" Hondo asked. "GETTING YOU OFF OUR SHIP!!!" Ahsoka yelled as Axle used the vacuum to pull himself toward Hondo and kicked him. Ahsoka did the same and grabbed the pirate Captain, throwing him back onto his ship. The two Jedi grabbed the sides of the docking tube and spammed the close button. "WERE CLEAR!!!" Ahsoka yelled through the commlink. "MAKE THE JUMP INTO HYPERSPACE!!!" Axle ordered. But just as they were about to escape, another pirate flew into the two Jedi. The vacuum pulled them all onto the pirate ship. The Youngling ship jumped to hyperspace.

................................................................................................................................................................

Ahsoka and Axle were being held by pirates as they tried to squirm and break free. "You two trouble makers have cost me greatly today. And since you lost me so much profit, I am left with no choice," Hondo started to monologue. He then whipped around and punched Axle repeatedly in the stomach and in the face knocked him out cold. Ahsoka watched in horror as he was beaten half to death. Then Hondo waved his hand to another pirate to smack Ahsoka in the back of the head with the butt of a blaster. "But to turn you....into profit." Hondo finished as he looked over the two unconscious bodies. With a tender voice he whispered, "Goodnight."