Brain Invaders

Axle's POV

A shuttle dropped us off on the surface of Geonosis. Clones took Pogol on board as we walked toward the Jedi Masters. Master Mundi joined us, "I'm afraid we have a complication." "Don't we always?" Kenobi taunted. "I've just received a distress signal from our forces on Dantooine. Master Windu's defenses held, but at a great cost of his men. They need medical supplies immediately. We can obtain the supplies at a medical station near Ord Sestice." Mundi finished. I felt a little worried. Master Windu is in trouble and I need to help. Anakin spoke up, "We're delivering Pogol to Coruscant and Ord Sestice is not exactly on the way." "The Republic must begin debriefing Pogol right away if we're to get useful intelligence from him." Luminaria butt in. Skywalker smirked toward us three, "Master, I suggest we let our Padawans handle the supply mission." "I'm already in. I need to help my Master." I answered. "Whatever needs to be done Master. I'm happy to help" Ahsoka added as she smiled at me. Barriss nodded, "As am I." Kenobi thought it over, "Very well. Take a medical frigate and after we've delivered Pogol to Coruscant, we'll rendezvous with you on the voyage to Dantooine. Axle, you're in charge. Keep these two out of trouble. They almost killed themselves yesterday." Kenobi said laughing. I laughed a little too. Ahsoka gave me a friendly punch to my shoulder as we both giggled.

...........................................................................................................................

We walked onboard the medical frigate with Trap's squad. This mission seemed a little more relaxing without running through explosions. Master Windu needs those supplies. He is counting on us to get it there and I won't let him down.

We walked onto the bridge and I was surprised to see Master Fisto at the other end of the comms. "Master Fisto, it is good to see you." I replied. He gave his signature grin, "You too little Axey." Ahsoka covered her mouth and giggled to herself. "We are ready to make our jump Master Fisto." Barriss said. "Good. I look forward to your arrival." He answered and ended the transmission as we jumped into hyperspace.

...........................................................................................................................

Later that night Barriss, Ahsoka and I were in our small room sleeping. I could feel that warm feeling again. I knew Ahsoka could feel it too. Barriss slept on a separate bed while I got a top bunk and Ahsoka got the lower bunk. I could feel her tossing and turning. I knew she was a little stressed. "What? What is it?" Barriss asked, sensing her worry. I looked below at Ahsoka, "Seriously. I can feel your stress. What's up?" She gave a big sigh, "It's too quiet. It's a big change from all the fighting the last few days." "You should enjoy this peace while it lasts." Barriss answered. I laid back down, "Listen to Barriss. Relax." She sat up. "I can't. Let's go eat." I put my face in my pillow, "Eat? Now?" I guess Ahsoka didn't take no for an answer. She stood up and force pulled me off the bed and I landed hard on the metal floor. "OW!!! Was that necessary?" I said getting up. Barriss laughed a little as we walked out of the room.

The three of us were the only ones in the mess hall. We grabbed some food and sat down. Ahsoka put her hand on her head, "I was just thinking of what you said earlier. About enjoying the peace while it lasts. As a Jedi, I'm not sure I know how to do that." Barriss looked at me, "Master Windu said that we are keepers of the peace. Not soldiers. However, once the war is over it will be our job to maintain the peace." I nodded, "That is the Jedi's primary goal. Although I can understand what Ahsoka is feeling. I have to say that sometimes I think the Jedi should not have gotten directly involved with the war. Instead of being on the front lines, I think we are better off as secondary's. Advisors and not be commanding the whole operation and let standard military officials take the lead charge." Ahsoka took another bit of her food. Barriss kept her eyes on me for another moment and then turned back to her meal. She then turned to Ahsoka, "So what does your Master tell you?" Ahsoka paused for a moment, "Oh...a...Anakin? You might find his opinion on the future...a bit radical." I chuckled a little, "That's putting it lightly. He is...well...a bit more aggressive than others when it comes to this stuff." Ahsoka laughed a little with me. "Let's just say he will do what needs to be done. I'm not sure peace time will agree with him." I looked at her as she looked back, "Yep. Pretty much."